Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

KW Coilovers (and Weitec whilst we're here!)

Yeah, the try-before-you-buy apporach won't exactly work with things like coilies. Which dealer would want to take a set back, once you don't like it, as it's then no longer sellable as brandnew?

Facing the same variety decision myself. Have experience with the Sachs and FK Königsports on my 2 Roccos, but that's about it.

Tempest

Err...... try them on a car that already has them fitted perhaps?

Cata - no. They used to be two-way mate. Now they are just height adjustable and fookin hard all the time :)

To be honest though, once you're on the 'freeway' it's all good. Still very firm, but not bad at all. And the road-holding is just out of this world. Big sweeping roads are a joy.

Still difficult, as try finding a car that's almost identical to your own. Suspension on a VR6 is totally different than the same suspension on a G60, not to mention how other things are different (like age of bushes, wear and tear, other mods done, etc.). ;-)

Tempest

Indeed. And, not least, persuading the owner of the car to let you have a go in it too.

These aren't new cars where dealers have demonstrators, you know. :)

Still difficult, as try finding a car that's almost identical to your own. Suspension on a VR6 is totally different than the same suspension on a G60, not to mention how other things are different (like age of bushes, wear and tear, other mods done, etc.). ;-)

Tempest

What?! Fekin hell mate just chill out. You really don't like me do you? Lol :)

Is it or is it not a good idea to try and find someone with the suspension you are considering so that you can try it?

Funnily enough this is the CORRADO forum. So I'm guessing that here would be the place to find someone with a similar car to try their suspension? I'm thinking the chances of finding someone with the same car as you, and the same suspension is pretty good on here actually! Jesus.

And clearly, if you've got a vr there's not much point in trying the suspension on a g60. No sh*t sherlock. I didn't say or imply that so why bring it up.

You really are Mr Awkward with me aren't you Tempest.

But you're right - if you want new suspension, whatever you do DON'T try and find someone with the same car who already has the suspension. That would just be completely stupid and ridiculous eh?

:)

Indeed. And, not least, persuading the owner of the car to let you have a go in it too.

These aren't new cars where dealers have demonstrators, you know. :)

No. This is the CORRADO FORUM where there seem to be some very kind helpful people who are willing to help out with such matters!!!!!!

Lucky you pointed out to me that these aren't new cars where dealers have demonstrators mate. I didn't realise that. Could have sworn I went to veedub and bought my C brand new off a dealer last year? ;)

OK, if you're so clever, which you clearly claim to be: Here's a deal.

Find me someone with a US-spec G60 (needs to be US spec due to extra weight with aircon and all) with a Koni coilover kit, preferably brandnew kit, otherwise it's not really going to comprae to what I'm looking at buying. No further mods done to car's suspension, and oh yes, need to know ride height, as that also determines handling.

All I'm trying to state is that it isn't easy to try out suspension. It's not like trying a pair of shoes before you buy.

Now chill out, too, mate, or I can get really nasty (as it's you, who's started to lower the tone here, not me!), you just haven't seen me like that yet ;-)

Tempest

Lucky you pointed out to me that these aren't new cars where dealers have demonstrators mate. I didn't realise that. Could have sworn I went to veedub and bought my C brand new off a dealer last year? ;)

coffee_beans.gif

LOL, things getting fractious in the suspension topic? :lol:

Glad your going for the Gaz Golds Jon, I think you will get on with those.

Just to confirm, the Gaz are definitely 2 way adjustable, i.e. Bump and Rebound adjustment. Ride height is not a 'way' as such, 1, 2 & 3 way relates to damper adjustment only, but I'm sure you know that ;-)

OK, if you're so clever, which you clearly claim to be: Here's a deal.

Find me someone with a US-spec G60 (needs to be US spec due to extra weight with aircon and all) with a Koni coilover kit, preferably brandnew kit, otherwise it's not really going to comprae to what I'm looking at buying. No further mods done to car's suspension, and oh yes, need to know ride height, as that also determines handling.

All I'm trying to state is that it isn't easy to try out suspension. It's not like trying a pair of shoes before you buy.

Now chill out, too, mate, or I can get really nasty (as it's you, who's started to lower the tone here, not me!), you just haven't seen me like that yet ;-)

Tempest

Well thats the thing fella. You don't know me either. It's not me that just attacks what the other person said for no reason is it? It's you. I didn't lower the tone at all - I made a valid point and you cut me down because for some reason I get your back up dude. That doesn't bother me in the slightest - thats your issue not mine.

And yeah, I'm sure you have very special circumstances with your car and are very different to everyone else - what a suprise mate. If you're that bothered about it being so exact then put a few bags of sugar in the fekin passenger seat to replicate the huge amount of weight that the air con would be! Jesus. Or would you prefer a car in the same colour with the same tyres? Would that be good enough for Sir?

Chill dude - i was offering decent advice to someone else - not you. I wouldn't waste my breath giving you advice because clearly you already know everything eh?

:)

coffee_beans.gif

Are you calling me a w*nker fella? What the fek is that all about? Some sort of a problem is there?

FFS my original point was IF YOU CAN, TRY SUSPENSION BEFORE YOU BUY IT. Why the fek has anyone got a problem with that?

Haha...didn't expect to get you guys to argue when bumping this old thread.

Thanks for the advice double-6s, sounds like it will be generally too harsh and roads are bad here while 17's won't help either.

I try never to enter a battle of wits with an unarmed man, so I will decline to comment on either double-6s' posts nor the two abusive PMs he's sent me.

I didn't send abusive pm's at all you liar - post them up mate. Copy and paste will do the job. Feel free then we can all decide if I'm being abusive.

I'm sure it was YOU that called ME a w*nker.

So who's being abusive then?

And for the record, I think you'll find you're very much out-witted fella :)

(not that that would be too difficult)

For anyone who might care, my pm was offering to give that bloke my address so that he could come and call me names to my face.

So am I being abusive? No.

Ok, perhaps instead of "abusive" I should have said "abrasive". Is that better?

PS. You really should try and chill out a bit, mate. You'll burst a blood vessel if you take all the bollocks posted on internet fora too seriously. :)

Well would you be abrasive if someone you'd never met called you a w*nker? It'd be a different story if we were in the pub and you called me that wouldn't it?

And you chill out. You started it. I'm chilled - just don't like being insulted. Do you?

If you don't want someone to use the "coffee beans" smiley then don't behave like one. If the cap fits, wear it.

Same to you. If you don't want someone to bite then don't make smart comments. You obviously think you're clever but clearly you're not.

I think you've probably got a cupboard full of caps right?

Same to you. If you don't want someone to bite then don't make smart comments. You obviously think you're clever but clearly you're not.

I think you've probably got a cupboard full of caps right?

Meh

Pmsl @ this thread :lol:

And you chill out. You started it.

No you did!!!!

Did not!!!!

Did too!!!

I'm telling my mummy on you....

Chill out guys :lol: