gradeAfailure

The Suspension Discussion Thread

51aec4a3f3ee008f0e78647fca7a56f1.jpg....... Yeah baby arrived today to join my Eibach springs. Will be on by the end of the month.

@Chuggs1 - did you go for B8?

Yes mate. Bought from Germany at well over 100 cheaper than UK

Did you buy via ebay or from an online store?

I'm tempted to go B6 as I want to try and eliminate the bounce/up and down movement when accelerating and braking. But still want to keep the standard look.

Bought from a shop... Found on Google. Will get lap top out and can send you the links for 6s and 8s. I then ordered via email as site was in German. They were very good and English was excellent.

OK their email address is:

[email protected]

This is B6 for the Corrado VR6

https://www.tuningteiletotal.de/ttts/-Bilstein-B6-Sport-Sto%C3%9Fd%C3%A4mpfer-Komplettsatz-VA-HA-VW-CORRADO-53I-/index.html?tmp=productDetails&pId=502933.DK.35-043911-24-015295.G-B6-SPORT-CORRADO-53I-29-VR6

This is B8

https://www.tuningteiletotal.de/ttts/-Bilstein-B8-Sto%C3%9Fd%C3%A4mpfer-Komplettsatz-VA-HA-VW-CORRADO-53I-/index.html?tmp=productDetails&pId=502942.DK.35-043928-24-015530.G-B8-CORRADO-53I-29-VR6

Shipping is only 14.90 Euro and arrived with me in under 1 week

They also do the B12 kit which is basically what mine is with the Eibach Pro Springs – gives just a subtle 25mm lowering

With £ against Euro stil being fairly strong these work out so much better value than UK prices

I usually always buy parts direct from Germany when I can - works out cheaper, postage aside sometimes, and they usually know what they're talking about. That's where I recently got my VR6 distributor for a fraction of the price it was in the UK, Ireland and fleabay.

Time has come to start thinking of which suspension to get on my storm while its back to bare metal - see storm restoration under exterior.

Has anyone got KW V3's on their C? Whats the ride like?

My mate on his VR6 has gone from Weitech to H&R but now the ride is far too bouncy. The weitech was only slightly better. Its like there is too much rebound and little damping. On my old G60 I ran a set of Koni adjustable dampers, cant remember which springs (nearly 10 years ago) and it felt good but I was young and didn't care much for comfort.

I have fitted loads on KW V3's to new cars and the ride is firm yet comfortable. I run a set of KW 2 way competition suspension on my Ibiza race car and its the dogs bollocks, never had an issue with it and adjustment is easy. Cant really comment on ride as the car has never been driven on the road and most circuits are smooth.

Only looking to lower the C about 30mm but I want it to ride well. I want to enjoy driving it as I know if the rides crap I will hate using it.

I am not fitting any polybushes or roll bars and the wheels are staying stock so this will help hugely.

So, what are peoples thoughts on the Bilstein B6 dampers? Eibach springs?

I will be fitting B8s and EiBach springs in about two weeks which is basically the B12 kit that so many on here have fitted and love. Went for a ride in one and was perfect for me. Think B6 would be similar but a bit softer and more like standard.... Both give 25mm drop rear and up to 30mm front

Oh and if you look a few posts up you will find links to Both 6 and 8s from Germany.... Much cheaper than UK and good service and delivery.... I had to email my order and pay via PayPal as could not use the site... As all in German.... But their English was perfect and very helpful

They also do the B12 kit

Cheers for the advice. B8's with Eibach springs sound great and are good value. Did you source springs from UK? Cant see the B12's on the site though.

I bought them 2nd hand they had only been on a car for a few months but it got written off.... Cost me 90 so was happy. May be worth asking them by email .... Pretty sure they said they did them but as I had springs only needed the dampners. Tell them it's for Corrado VR6 but specify plus axle

Im guessing B12 kit will be under 500 or very close from there people with current exchange rate

:thumbleft:

Thank you.

I have emailed them asking which one it is as I cannot see any difference. I will let you know what I think of them.