gradeAfailure

The Suspension Discussion Thread

Ok, right I can't read this entire thread as it's mega long! I have a stock Storm with standard 15" BBS wheels but has coilovers on it. I'm looking to take it back to stock, and I understand stock suspension no longer available? Anything that is a straight replacement? Is the heritage one any match? Any help gratefully received!

Ok, right I can't read this entire thread as it's mega long! I have a stock Storm with standard 15" BBS wheels but has coilovers on it. I'm looking to take it back to stock, and I understand stock suspension no longer available? Anything that is a straight replacement? Is the heritage one any match? Any help gratefully received!

Original shocks are sachs/boge turbo/advantage, its the standard length springs that are harder to find. Could use an H+R -40mm spring kit, its not a massive drop in height, but makes car look right

There's plenty of OE type replacement dampers (e.g. Bilstein B4) which will work just great - the real challenge is trying to find the correct OE springs. I've never fully understand the variety available according to ETKA with different colour coding depending on year / model. Could try popping into VW and giving them your VIN number and seeing what they come up with as the suggested spring replacement (assuming they're even available still!)

Thanks gents, much appreciated, looks like its down to personal choice slightly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great result my Corrado g60 project already has adjustable koni coilovers.

Has any one else had any experience with this kit?

The rears are leaking but Komi offers a rebuild service.

Yes, I have the Koni coilies on my G60, and apart from a few surface rust stains on the chromed dampers, they have held up really well. Had them on for about 8 years now or so, but on average only do 2-3k per year.

Tempest

Great result my Corrado g60 project already has adjustable koni coilovers.

Has any one else had any experience with this kit?

The rears are leaking but Komi offers a rebuild service.

What are the part numbers? I have a pair of top adjustable rear Koni inserts that I probably don't need.

What are the part numbers? I have a pair of top adjustable rear Koni inserts that I probably don't need.

I don't know where to look for the part numbers.

I'm going to have to give them a very good clean first at least. Cheers.

I don't know where to look for the part numbers.

I'm going to have to give them a very good clean first at least. Cheers.

Remove the inserts and you'll find the p/n stamped into the shock near the base. Let me know as I have 2 spares that aren't leaking!

Would these be any good for a corrado vr6?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281278786151

Look good value for fk?

Whenever i see something like that, i divide the price by 4, then take off whatever profit the seller and the manufacturer are making, and you realise you are adding £20 worth of suspension to each corner.

Whenever i see something like that, i divide the price by 4, then take off whatever profit the seller and the manufacturer are making, and you realise you are adding £20 worth of suspension to each corner.

ha ha ha very poignant Jim :)

Anyone used Vogtland coilovers? Fancy trying something different.

Was looking at AP's as per last car but these seem to get good reviews on ride qualify from some online reviews.

I went for Bilstein B16's. Car still in 100000 bits so not driven yet to comment but I was in the exact situation. Want to adjust height but also want comfort. Don't think you can go much wrong with V3's or B16's. Have fitted both to many cars from MK2 Golfs to RS4's to New Fiesta ST's, all ride extremely well. I can get good price on both if interested?

2012 was the post above. Did you use the B16s and what was the result? TIA

Hey all, I’ve read bits of this thread. I have a standard 95 VR6 and need to replace one of the front shocks as it is leaking. The rest of the suspension looks original, so I am thinking rather than buy a couple standard shocks, too mounts and bump stops I had may as well do the whole lot with a decent kit.

I want something that just gives a very modest drop to keep it looking standard. I’ve sort of concluded the blestein b12s are my best bet. Should I be considering anything else. Blesteins appear to be around the 600 quid mark. I’ve read some stuff about HA and VA springs in this kit - what’s that all about?

At that price range gave you considered coilovers? If I were to change I'd probably get some BC Racing

What’s the advantage with coilovers? Are they height adjustable? I just had visions of them making the car really low which I don’t fancy...

I’m on Bilstien B12 Pro. The handling is exceptional. The car has dropped by about 2-3cm only. Highly recommend. Just ensure you get the right top mounts etc.

I wouldn’t bother with coil overs unless your constantly making adjustment. The chance of horlicksing it by getting them uneven - but that’s just me! Love my Billy’s!

Thanks Jez (just received my CCGB membership through - thanks for sending). B12s do seem the ticket. I won’t be making adjustments and one more thing to worry I’ve got wrong!

B12’s definitely well received when all is right and good, and I am running them on my Storm, but I’m sure there was someone recently that (even now) ended up with one of the dodgy kits (with the wrong rear springs) that had been kicking around at the back of the warehouse and with their reported “don’t give a f&£k” levels of customer service is that a risk you want to take. I ran H&R and TA’s on a previous VR6 for years and loved the ride. I actually have a set of used h&r springs sat waiting in case I want to go back to them

If you are running standard currently then wait for the improvement in handling, best thing you can do to an original VR6...

There was a girl on FB from Frome selling some parts and she had a new unused B12 kit for sale. It was slightly cheaper than waiting for a deal. I think the kit was in Manchester. Gemma Chandley is her name. Forget which Corrado page I saw them on. Possibly Corrado chat? Might be worth a shout?