Sign in to follow this  
catch_twotwo

Single gauge

I'm after putting in a boost gauge but I'm having problems finding any other solution than the A-Pillar plastic mounts that are around. So have anybody found an elegant solution to this problem.... or am I stuck in Corsa chav hell with an A-pillar gauge....

*shudders*

I was thinking about the ashtray... but not sure what would fit here.

if you wanna be trick you could customise it in the dash somewhere not sure where yet thou although i have ssen it in the middle of the rev counter just recently! or you could get the audi set of 3 guages and slip into one of them instead of oil or battery etc? thats what i think im going to do!

Yeah wasn't really wanting to fit a set of 3 gauges..

I saw the rev counter one (I post it) but I'm not sure i really want to be cutting big lumps out of my speedo.... Although I have a spare so maybe *shrugs*

I was actually thinking of mounting it in the stearing wheel. I have a mk3 wheel with an airbag inside. Don't need the bag though, so leaves some room to wire this up. Just not sure on the finish it would give if I did this.

Got to say, I'd go for mounting it in the rev counter as per the post a few weeks ago. I was very impressed by that and think the extra hassle/time would be worth it in the end.

I think the stearing wheel would be too large to see dials under it....

I'm thinking about the techo i must admit, just need to figure out some things and get a nice slimline gauge to go in there. Anybody know of one ?

I have boost n oil pressure in the ashtray. Well the ashtray is removed and the gauges sat in the hole. Made a surround for em. Seems to work fine.

I have boost n oil pressure in the ashtray. Well the ashtray is removed and the gauges sat in the hole. Made a surround for em. Seems to work fine.

oooh nice.... do you have any pictures ? and did you have to use smaller gauges ?

oooh nice.... do you have any pictures ? and did you have to use smaller gauges ?[/quote:6ac05]

Nope i used standard 52mm gauges. Will get a shot after if I can. They are hanging out the dash at the mo. With wires everywhere.

Major work on the C at the mo.

Just got a couple of shots.

Gauge-out.jpg

Gauge-in.jpg

Ha just pushed all the wires in...Still loads to do :roll:

Here are my water and boost guages. Cack pic (phone camera) but you should get the idea. I've also put the fag lighter back since pic was taken, to make Vince's life easier when remapping.

Nothing at all has been cut from the original centre console. I just took out the ashtray and cig lighter panel and made up a bit of wood. Audioscape trimmed it in black vinyl for me.

To be honest I rarely look at the things anyway, they're just handy to have for mapping on the dyno....checking for boost and water injection etc.

guages_198.jpg

With a G60 then you could replace the oil temp gauge with a boost gauge, if I had a corrado that's what I'd be doing, it's the best solution in my opinion.

My ashtray holds my cable for the iPod ;)

Might just go for that place..... not sure if I have the knowhow to connect up a oil pressure gauge though.

My ashtray holds my cable for the iPod ;)

Might just go for that place..... not sure if I have the knowhow to connect up a oil pressure gauge though.

No wories mate when ya get to it let me know. Show ya how its done. :lol:

hi all, my little brother fitted his boost gauge in his G60 in the drivers air vent. He managed to make a metal frame for it and paint it black to match the dash. Looks very nice if i do sat so myself it does not look out of place at all. will try to get him to take a few pics to see what u all think.

to be honest I would keep anything oil related as I think it is more important than the voltmeter. Although the voltmeter has its uses.