Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Aero wipers

Word on the street is that Bosch are about to introduce Aero wipers that are a direct replacement for the standard wiper blades.

Woohoo.. hopefully a lot cheaper than VW's ludicrous prices too!

Word on the street is that Bosch are about to introduce Aero wipers that are a direct replacement for the standard wiper blades.

word on who's street?!

on mine we're all talking about the people in flat 2 who cant leave the place without slamming the door as hard as possible! :lol:

V good news though, ill be needing some soon!

I don't think they will help Corrado owners tho as the pressure that the standard arms put onto the screen is poor, the old trick used to be to dremel away at the metal base but this only improves it slightly...

Should have said word in JMRs workshop, popped down to Halfords today and I was told they are expecting stock in a variety of blade lengths in the next few weeks

Hmmm looks interesting. Maybe a job for the Autumn, till then I'll stick with my standard ones.

One thing I noticed on mine was the spindles were not perpendicular to the scuttle, the whole wiper mechanism was not sitting straight which reduced the pressure the arms could provide. I removed the mechanism and bent the pressed steel chassis to straighten the spindles out. That made a good improvement with standard wipers.