Sign in to follow this  
djemmo

Rear lights will not switch off.

As title says , it may be an alarm fault, but even with alarm off the lights are still on, I'll have to take the bulbs out for tonight. Dave

Just the rear lights? No headlights, brake lights, indicators, etc.? If it's just the rear lights it shouldn't take too long to figure out. I can't see that the alarm would have anything to do with the rear lights, would it?

What model/year is the car? I'm assuming it's a Corrado.

*goes to find wiring diagrams*

Rear lights only.The corrado was an impulse buy yesterday so its new to me , but I think I've sorted it, when the brake pedal is lifted the lights go out , how and where is the brake light switch fitted Dave

Haven't seen it on a Corrado but there will be a switch that should be compressed when the pedal is up, have a look in the footwell and see if you can see whats gone wrong.

this recently happened on the missus's lupo,the brake lights were sticking on,as well as the actual brakes! :shock: lifting the pedal with your foot solved it...

it ended up being the brake light switch that was sticking.

neil.

if you remove the fuse box cover-2 clips that pull out.

then remove the bit next to it-self tappers along left side/top and one on right hand side,that should give you good access.

now dont quote me on this as ive never actually removed one from a corrado,but im guessing that the switch will just turn like 1/4 of a turn and pull out.

someone should be able to confirm. :)

neil.