Image030.jpg

Image031.jpg

bit of a dent in the wing

Image032.jpg

Image033.jpg

only bit of rust is here

Image035.jpg

replacement battery tray from VW.... £65.60 :x

engine's going to be something a bit special (still 8v) and will get some pics when I pick it up

will get a full respray including engine bay to get rid of the odd tiny dent here and there and the laquer (spelling ?!?!) has started peeling on the roof

if someone has a spare minute and a tape measure, would you be able to do me a favour and measure the length of the boot from corner to corner? the one on it isn't wide enough and sits in about 1cm in on either side of the body :oops:

makes a change from digging rust holes bigger than my head to weld up :lol:

what do you guys think?

engine's going to be something a bit special (still 8v)

Come on - enlighten us!!! A few of us have 8v projects on the go that are something special. There is a bit of a race on to try and achieve (or get closest to the "Holy Grail" that is 300bhp out an 8v G60 while still retaining the G-Lader charger!

:lol: Oh go on then

basically the Chargers gone :cry: so won't be in on the race (and probably miles behind)

to replace the charger it's got a Subaru WRX turbo (not sure on what code's on it yet), Forge pistons (new), the cylinder heads been ported and has larger exhaust valves (he didn't mention the inlet valves so assuming they're standard), it's got a remapped chip to give 1.1 Bar of boost and he mentioned some other chip (SRS??? or something).. the guy I've brought it from said the engine will be good for 2 Bar

from that I'm hoping to get race spec conrods and lighten+balance the crank and flywheel

my turbo knowledge is limited so it's going to take me a while to learn it all

also never worked on a corrado so wiring it all back in is going to be fun :oops:

it should run just over 300Bhp... but it is cheating bolting a turbo on!

I'll have a search about here but has anyone else done this conversion? any tips and advice would be great

there is a few on here but more of the turbos are on 16v's i think because they flow more!

but gonna be quality cant wait to see this are you staying with the same colour at respray!

welcome to the forum mate we have an rr'day at stealth on the 9th all the roller places are filled but they'll be alot of forum members there if you can get along!

so when you getting engine?

Yeah going to stick with the same colour, just want it spotless :wink:

pick the engine up this afternoon, needs a few parts and completely building up! probably won't be ready until summer next year but will keep you posted on the progress

will get a couple more pics of the car once it's been washed too :lol:

Does sound like a good project!

The inlet valves on the head will be standard size. They only increase the exhaust valve. Exactly the same done on mine!

Ah I see, that' cool

apparently I've been told I need to get a Porsche fuel pressure regulator to get more fuel in??? does this sound right at all?

not sure what injectors are with it.. but thought as long as the fuel pump is pumping enough fuel in, I'd just need different injectors to let more in instead of a FPR?

sorry for all the questions... got a feeling I'll be asking many more though :oops:

Cheers for the comments guys 8) will get some better pics up once I've given it a proper clean

not looked into injectors much really and don't know if the one's with the engine are standard, but looking at getting some red top ones, think they go to 3.3 Bar don't they?

Hiya mate, welcome to the forum :)

if someone has a spare minute and a tape measure, would you be able to do me a favour and measure the length of the boot from corner to corner? the one on it isn't wide enough and sits in about 1cm in on either side of the body

..eh? :lol:

:lol: sorry I'll explain that one

basically, the boot sides are not lining up with the side of the car, the rear quarter sticks out by almost 1cm either side... so wondered if the boot is too narrow

does that make better sense?

You would do better if you have bigger than standard injectors, getting as stated above a 3.5bar Fuel Pressure Regulator (same as they use on the porsche!).

I've got Ford Motorsport Red Top Inj in mine with 3.5bar FPR

does that make better sense?

I understand what you mean, but unless your car or boot has been cut and shut accross it's width then I cannot see how this can happen...

Does the boot line up properly everywhere else? Are all the shuts even and a reasonable size, is the top of the boot level with the rear of the roof?

everything else lines up fine... might just be me! need to have a look at another C to check if it's the same! if the lines are not 100% perfect I start picking holes and complaining :lol: just doesn't look right to me though, I'll get some close up pics when I pick it up

once I've got a list of all the engine work that's been done I can start a list of what's needed... think I'll get the body up the scratch first though

you know your stuff Blue_Joe, I'll add a FPR and some injector's to the list :wink:

Obviously by increasing the fuel flow you'd need a custom remap to ensure the car is fuelling to it;s optimum. If I was you, rather than just buying and fitting a set and thinking your getting the best performance, I would get yourself a set, don;t fit them. Get all of the car setup and take it to a reputable remappers such as I'll be using and Henny uses - Chipwizards in Manchester or one of the many other recommended places.

When they have it on the rollers setting it up, if they say it is suffering from fuel starvation or could do with bigger inj and FPR you have them on hand to fit rather than coming back another day

small update

Got it back to my garage and gave it a quick polish

Image044.jpg

got the front end off

Frontstripped.jpg

just trying to sort out where to get all the engine parts... I've noticed a few of you guys on here have already done the IHI turbo conversion

To be honest... never had a car with a turbo so my knowledge is next to nothing! :oops:

what modifications will I need to do to complete the conversion?

I know I'll need

Exhaust manifold and custom downpipe

Larger intercooler (was thinking one from a Merc. Sprinter as they seem to be the common choice??)

but what about pipework etc..

any help would be great guys

got a little further this weekend

Battery tray is all welded up ready to prep and paint

BatteryTrayComplete.jpg

Got the wing back on, started to sand it down and remove a couple of minor dents

Wing-Partsanded.jpg

test fitted the front panel 8) should look sweet when it's finished

TestfitFront.jpg

one more side view :oops: covered in dust at the moment

SideView.jpg

Piston crowns were 0.63mm too high so they've gone to be machined down and balanced up (should be ok but always good to check it)

should start building the engine up next month FINALLY

some more pics

pistons

Piston.jpg

very bad pic of the engine

MainBlock.jpg

pic of the turbo

TurboGoodness.jpg

hmmm.. missing a few interior bits :? (sorted that though)

Image4.jpg

Inside5.jpg

my god that is a very gay coloured rocker cover you have there :lol:

Is there something you want to tell us?

:lol: it wasn't me honest

it's powder coated 'baby blue' :gag: at the moment but it'll be stripped and polished

to make it look worse, the guy who had it before painted the inlet manifold and various other bits in brake caliper blue paint :x

everything is going to be stripped back and polished, block will be black