Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Opinion On These Rear Lights?

Advertised as OE Hella ones? Will there be the usual 'not quite fit right' problem with Hellas?

Would this tint suit my Aqua Blue VR? (darkish blue metallic).

Bit undecided. Opinions?

they are just standard OE hella lights tinted with a black tinting spray, by the looks of them!

yeah, Hella never made other lights for the Rado other than the bog standard ones so they are obviously ones that someone has tinted. :roll:

They would look ok on an Aqua Blue but get some close up pics to check the quality of the job done, from personal experience of watching dave do mine its tricky to get a really great finish on them without the tint running etc....

Being a standard set of lights, they will fit perfectly!

Just remember that you can get a can of savage tint spray for about a tenner and tint your own standard lights pretty easily though :wink:

Any legal issues with them? MOT?

Yup...chances are they wont pass, as the brakelights have been covered with the tint spray too!

If they were pinstriped with tint over the brakelights they would prob be ok! Otherwise I wouldn't chance it unless I had asked the MOT guy beforehand!

Yeah but if I mess it up (which I would end up doing), I've lost my lights!

I assume plod don't mind these?

I had ones very similar fitted to mine for a month or two and had no problems with the police.

The tint spray can be easily taken off with a strong solvent!

I've done a few sets with the savage tint spray, and it has been pretty easy to get a good finish IMHO

I had mine done on my old car with no probs with either MOT or Plods, the reverse light still shines through as does the indicator... Dave has just done another set for me and they are even darker - yay!

em... the car in the pics looks really like walesy's new G60 which had fully tinted lights that he has just taken off... where are they advertised?

Yeah but if I mess it up (which I would end up doing), I've lost my lights!

I assume plod don't mind these?

depends on their mood at the time, I've heard of people being pulled over for having tints like that, but most of the time they'll let it pass if the lights are all suitably bright. The reflectors have to work as well so you might have to stick some aftermarket ones on there.

:oops: :lol:

It's a small world , the corrado world!

they are just standard OE hella lights tinted with a black tinting spray, by the looks of them!

Yep- as advertised...

Any legal issues with them? MOT?

..Nope...

yeah, Hella never made other lights for the Rado other than the bog standard ones so they are obviously ones that someone has tinted.

They would look ok on an Aqua Blue but get some close up pics to check the quality of the job done, from personal experience of watching dave do mine its tricky to get a really great finish on them without the tint running etc....

As advertised they are standard Hella's that have been tinted very well. Unfortunalty, like it says in the advert, my camera bloody broke on the day I whacked them on the bay as I was trying to get pics of them off the car.

oh, and my opinion on them?....they look fecking awfull, that's why I took them off, and that's why i'm selling them on Ebay! :lol:

I personally think they'd look even worse on an ABP than they did on my nugget, but I seem to have very different (boring ) taste to most other people on here :lol:

Would this tint suit my Aqua Blue VR? (darkish blue metallic). Bit undecided. Opinions?

I have the same paint on my VR mate. Personally, I'm not a fan of these as (even if they're not) they look like they've been sprayed. Also (just my personal opinion here) - I feel that smoked lights are a little dated maybe?

Its all about personal choice though fella - if you like 'em, get 'em!