Sign in to follow this  
gfunk1963

Cupra r lump and 6sp into G60

Hi does anybody know of a good tuner within 200miles of London, who can do the complete conversion of a 225bhp Cupra R engine & 6sp g/box into a Jap spec lhd Corrado G60 with ABS and aircon G60 and a lhd Mk 2 Golf with ABS and aircon.

I can have the complete front ends of the Cupras delivered with all the parts still in place together will all other necessary wiring bits, ecu's etc.

Thanks

Yes the collection is getting out of hand it is even bigger than listed, you could say I am a car addict, the wife is pretty pissed off I can tell you.

By Jap spec I mean it was imported from Japan late last year, what makes it even more unusual is that it is LHD, as you may know it is regarded by some in Japan as the thing to do if you want to stand out from the crowd........driving a European car in lhd format, nevertheless it is slightly unusual in that it has a few extras like ABS and aircon and even better for me no sunroof, it is also unusually rust free and by that I mean even under the bonnet it is like new, also Jap imports tend to be lower mileage and this is no exception at 67,000klms (41,000miles) and it drives like new, with no rattles, tight suspension steering and smooth quiet engine etc.

I have always loved Corrados but have always regarded them as too expensive for what they are, for example ten years ago when VR6's were going for 12K I bought a 944turbo S (silver rose) for 14K so no contest on that front, at the same time my wife wanted a VR6 Corrado until I saw a lhd 300zxtt for 10K, again no contest until now, I have got my hands on a mint Corrado and I love it to bits infact it is one of my favorite cars at the moment, fantastic build quality, handling and ride just a little slow which will hopefully be rectified soon.

Also I was hoping to hear from members who have had the conversion done, with recommendations as to the best company or individual to use.

I looked into it a few months ago, but i personally couldnt find anyone who had done this convesion. So there wasnt a great deal of information. Stan(something) (sorry, cant remember off top of my head) has just had a company put in his 4motion for around £3k mark i think. Try and find him in the members gallery and have a look through and find the name of the company. From what i hear theyre very good, so might be able to do it.

*edit - http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34651

And the companys called PSI tuning,but couldnt find a location.*

come to think of it I have a low mileage all alloy Audi 4.2 lump lying around its gotta be good for 300bhp+ with a few tweaks, maybe somebody can fit that in the Corrado sounds like the wiring is going to be a bugger which ever way I go................hehehehehehe

thats a impressive car list in ur sig there

perosnaly ill be fitting a 20v into corrado soon with original ECU and wiring whilst still keeping as much of the original corrado loom as possible as you no longer need Clocks and keys for them so should be able to give good write up soon

like said fitting the engine is piss easy ive done engine swopes in half a day its the wiring thats the headache

impressive car list but sometimes I think I will just put the lot on ebay and keep the Suzuki swift gti as the hack with some money in the bank for a change..................but

Yes it seems that the physical fit of the 20v especially into a G60 will be a doddle, and yes the current thinking is that the original ecu is the one to use, the Emerald system just complicates issues and adds to the cost, sometimes less is more (not when it comes to bhp though) it also seems to me that if I get a complete Cupra R, fitting the clocks, stalks wiring fuse box ecu even ignition system inc key etc might not be the headache it would be if one were to start splicing two looms together, on the one hand I would not mind trying it myself, but space and other projects are in the way.

u dont have to tell me about projects lol

at the mo got a golf mkII, uno turbo, corrado 16vT and mine on corrado at the min to sort out before the summer

also using standard ECU will get you as much bhp as using standalone now, the likes of Revo and Custom Code are now able to map it to very good levels but retaining the factory feel hence why im going for it :)

This is an interesting thread ;)

PSI Tuning will fit it, no doubt. Andy really knows his stuff mate. They are based near Stoke.