Sign in to follow this  
nickveedub

Speed Sensor ???

Hi I had my VR on a diagnostic the other day as it was intermittently not sparking when it was hot and I tried to start it...... Apparently my Speed sensor is knackered, which is like a crankshaft sensor i think, these are mainstealer only and £140 inc VAT, any ideas on 2nd hand bits or any cheaper options...

thanks

Nick

Try a Ford dealer as the Galaxy V6 has a VR6 engine in it. Ask for an Engine Speed Sensor and you should get a 6 inch peice of wire with a white plug one end and the sensor on the other. You get a lot for money these days :x

The sensor lives at the bottom right of the block (front) and is held in place with one 5mm hex bolt. Takes 10 mins to change out.

Kev

Make ABSOLUTELY certain that they're not basing this diagnosis on a stationary engine. If the engine is turning and you still see this error code, then the sender is probably faulty. But that error code is always present when the engine is stationary. It's a bug in the ECU firmware.

There's one on ebay at the minute. Pretty sure its second hand but if you can get it cheap it'll be a bonus. £140 is alot of dosh!!!

Timo.

nice one Timo, looks lilke just the ticket. I REALLY don't fancy a £300 bill from the stealers. Looks like a peice o'cake to fit too, anyone ever fitted one? Any tips?