Sign in to follow this  
Ben mk2 gti

Price guide

Hi everyone,

i ve been looking at getting a g60 91reg 250,000 miles 1 lady owner from new full service history.

Was all set to buy it but she cant decide how much its worth, at first she was saying about £750, but some someone has been telling her its worth at least £3000 and thats theres only 15 for sale in the whole country.

How much do you guys think its worth, it does need the charger re-built, two new tyres and a new back box.

Any help would be wicked as i dont know enough myself so dont know what i should offer.

Cheers,

Ben.

G60Corrado006.jpg

G60Corrado004.jpg

G60Corrado003.jpg

Around £1000?

I was thinking the same - can't believe it looks so mint considering its done a quarter of a million miles!!! You're gonna need to spend a fair bit of money on it for the charger rebuild etc, so I'd play hard ball and offer £750. There can't be that many people queuing up to buy a C with that high milage.

Nobody is going to pay £3k for a 15 year old car with 250k miles on it.

Whoever is advising her is dreaming.

Stick to the £750 --You know it makes sense :wink:

Yeh and if you get it for that then you have a good bargain there, mechanicals can easily be replaced but finding a solid shell is where its at

having owned a 260K mile G60, (J-DUB) I'd say it's probably worth £1200 absolute top if the body and interior are MINT and the engine and charger are showing no sights of imminent expiration...

Take off the cost of tyres (£300ish) a charger rebuild (£300 ish) and a few other odds and sods, and yeah, your £750 probably isn't far off... 8)

not to mention that its probably one of the harder colours to sell on :twisted: ............sorry all you whiteys out there

thanks loads guys is good to hear what you all think.

Im gonna stick to £750 i think may go a bit higher, but still not looked through all the history or taken it for a spin yet so there could be more hidded probs.

Cheers everyone, and hopefully i ll soon be in the g60 club.

:D :D

haha, that car is just down the road from me!! my girlfriends stepdad services it!! ill ask him what he thinks its worth tonight! he'll probably say a fiver!

Also worth considering that with that mileage you should be banking on a complete suspension swap and rebush as well as things like engine mounts if they havent been done recently.

£3000 :shock:

I'd go with your original price and not a lot more tbh.. potential problems could mean it turns out expensive imo

I paid what I now think was over the odds for my G60.

Twice what I spent on the car later I am still spending. True some of it really wasnt needed. But that comes with the territory. I think you are baisically wanting to pay no more than the value of the shell as with 250tho on her if there isnt a book of recipts the size of the yellow pages you'll have some money to spend.

And I never spent anywhere near 3K :roll: