Sign in to follow this  
Andi

Corrado Mk4-Golf-Reverse style white dials (old thread)

INVOLVED GROUP BUYERS ONLY: Would you like white dials by day, or black dials?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. INVOLVED GROUP BUYERS ONLY: Would you like white dials by day, or black dials?

• White by day / Black by night
    • Black by day / Black by night

Yes, it will be going ahead..... eventually.

Just far too busy to investigate further as of yet. Will get some ideas on designs, etc, and those who are involved in the group buy - if you can vote on the poll on the first page that would be good too!

I have not so much been thinking of changing the dials cos i would like to keep the original dials, but what i would like to do is changethe backlight to blue rather than green, as the green is looking a bit dated (if you know what i mean) but i have never done this before, and i was wondering if anybody knew how to do it.

Any help would be much appreciated

Borat :(

Borat, what do you mean change the back light ?

They're front lit at the moment, is that what you mean? change that for blue?

I read through all this....

is it still waiting for a solution to the needles??

Also would it be possible to have all the speeds shown instead of just every 20? I had the speeds in 10's shown on my CRX and it looked alot better.

Count me in for a set when everything gets sorted though

Andy,

Please count me in also.

I'll post you a cheque rather than use Paypal if that's ok.

PM me with your address and to whom I should make the cheque payable.

Thanks

Mike

I haven't had the chance to sort any details out with the manufacturer yet, apologies for the delay but I don't have the time!

Plus, we also need to make a decision on the design....

Mike16v: that'll be fine. Not just yet, though! :)

Also would it be possible to have all the speeds shown instead of just every 20? I had the speeds in 10's shown on my CRX and it looked alot better.

I disagree, I think mutiples of 20 is better, looks less cluttered, and is just as easy to read

Right guys - I haven't forgotten about this, but I have been tied up with more 'expensive' things recently, so this has been on hold.

I will however be completing all this in the new year for us all.

Would those who don't want a place anymore please let me know - and if you would like a 'pair' let me know too!

20v Turbo has had the US version fitted to his car, which is not too dissimilar to the version I was getting made up.

Except: in mph to 160, deg C temp, fuel guage F, 1/2, E and maybe without the inner ring lighting up.

download.php?id=2693

I still cant wait to get these ........... :twisted:

Just say when Andi and ill send you the cash :wink:

I'm sure everybody wanting these are much appreciative of you sorting them out and wont mind the wait :D

Not yet :(

And yeah, will be without the inner ring... a little bright on the eyes.

I'm still in!

- are we still going for RPM in single figures?

- Corrado logo's - as the later ones?

- maybe try to source some red needles?

Needles are orange anyway though - would you really need red needles especially?

The problem with the needles is that you won't see them at night.... See how you can't see the fuel or temp needles on the photo above? the speed and revs would be the same, no matter what colour you painted 'em... I've got some glow-in-the-dark paint (don't laugh!) on order from the states that lasts for over 10 hours, is clear in normal light, and red in the dark. It re-charges in an hour of normal daylight, but I'm not sure if it will recharge through glass as it's UV absorbing and glass acts as a UV filter... I've got a spare set of clocks coming from Darren (G-Man) this week and I'll have a major play over Xmas to see what I can come up with to cure this little problem, then there's no issues to getting these dials other than people stumping up cash and deciding on the style they want! :lol:

I'm still in. I still think the UV light idea is sound and seems to work well on the pics I've seen.

Im still in for a set. (had to read the threads from the start again to remember whats going on)

Looks like what i want is what we all want:

Black by day, Black by night, (Sublte mods defo the way to go)

MPH / 160mph

Smaller KMH ring inside the larger MPH outer ring

Corrado logo

rev counter in single figures x 1000

without the big bright inner ring (defo too harsh on the eyes)

Only main thing is the needles being shown.

I had NO LIGHTS in the instrument pod for a while (not realising it was only the fuse that does the number plate lights at the back) and its really bad at night not knowing what speed youre doing. I had to keep pressing a button on my Nokia phone and holding it to the speedo so see what speed im doing. (felt like a right saddo doing that)

Is it still just the needles that we are stuck on?

I gather from looking at the picture the centre is illuminated as so you can see the needles.

But looks to in your face. Hopefully something can be figured out with the needles.

VR6 says

Needles are orange anyway though - would you really need red needles especially?

Not on the pre 92 cars they are white.

yeah I only found out the other day that my mates VR6 ones were red. Sat in the driver seat thinking they look different then it dawned on me. :)