Sign in to follow this  
G60BOV

Just bought a G60...........

Hi folks, ive just recently got a G60, J-plate, in very good condition - bodywork & mechanically......so ive been told. Totally lovin it!!!!! Anyway im wanting to do a little upgrading, and i was hoping some folks could help me out :D i want to get an exhaust, air filter, de-cat pipe and a dump valve. What makes should i go for? what dump valve makes the loudest noise? :D who are the best tuners about for the G60? links please?

cheers peeps!!!!

u dont need a dump valve for g60 as it alerady has one that does the same function as a dump valve mechanicaly.For tuners you got darren 8vg60 and for chips and stuff you got Bilal SNS tuning Dubcharged.

When you start blowing off charger pipes you can fit a dump valve top the G60 ask Pau1 about it, had a chat with him the other week about his old G60 with a dump valve, keeps ppl guessing too.

^ i agree

then worry about exhaust, COLD AIR filter and getting the head ported..think about a front mount intercooler or chargecooler. 8)

don't worry about feckin around with a blow off valve.. search for posts on here about removing the boost return system. thats is what you want to try. keeps the charger cooler and it will give you a blow-off sound between shifts. you'll need to remove the boost return tube if you fit a blow-off valve anyway, so might as well try it with the boost return off and no BOV first.

make sure you have no boost leaks. ISV delete/reroute. have fun.

:lol: (at above coment) :lol:

G60BOV - Get your charger rebuilt and flowed first, then make sure the car is running 100% by checking knock sensor (look for frayed wires) vac lines, o2 sensor, temp sensor, co pot etc

Then you're ready to wake the G60 up 8)

Its not so much having it flowed to stage 4 or whatever that gives the gain. This will allow more flow obviously - it's the smaller pulley that makes the difference allowing the charger to rev higher - more boost (with chip)

Standard G60 is 160ish bhp, with 68mm pulley, stage4 charger and chip you are looking at around 190-200 bhp and a significant increase in torque, especially lower in the rev range

The best upgrade for a G60 is surely to swap it for a VR6

;) ;)

a VR6??? lol! who'd want that huge lump of s****throwin the front end about?? for a decrease in power compared to a stage 4 G60, i don't see why'd you'd go through with a swap.... unless of course you've got $5k+ on top of the swap to work out a charger/turbo on that VR6, no sense in a swap, G60 has far more power potential vs. a NA VR6.

there we go, that should balance out the bait posts. :D

The best upgrade for a G60 is surely to swap it for a VR6

;) ;)

a VR6??? lol! who'd want that huge lump of s****throwin the front end about?? for a decrease in power compared to a stage 4 G60, i don't see why'd you'd go through with a swap.... unless of course you've got $5k+ on top of the swap to work out a charger/turbo on that VR6, no sense in a swap, G60 has far more power potential vs. a NA VR6.

there we go, that should balance out the bait posts. :D

Only people that can't drive properly find the weight of the VR6's engine a problem 8)

Kev

And anyone who's ever driven a nice smooth V6 will tell you it's not so much about the power, it's the sheer class.. :)

None of that nasty four-pot vibration and noise!! ;)

I'd never deny that it's cheaper to get more power from a G60 than to get more power from a VR6.. But since I'm not going down that route anyway, I really don't care too much.

And anyone who's ever driven a nice smooth V6 will tell you it's not so much about the power, it's the sheer class..

None of that nasty four-pot vibration and noise!!

I drove Mr Haywire's car the other day and ever since my G60 has felt like a big heavy noisy lump! :?

And anyone who's ever driven a nice smooth V6 will tell you it's not so much about the power, it's the sheer class..

None of that nasty four-pot vibration and noise!!

I drove Mr Haywire's car the other day and ever since my G60 has felt like a big heavy noisy lump! :?

Kind words Mr Basmati, but the old girl still isn't 100%. I'm really not sure what's up with her. After our fun and games at junctions etc, the idle valve is definitley up the swanny. It's cut out on me a few times too :x

Your motor pulled hard in the power band mate and it still feels tight to me. I reckon your charger could do with an overhaul to restore the low end back to it's former glory as for some reason, even my VR6 feels livlier at the bottom end, it should be the other way round :?

Kev

The old girl... What about the Corrado!!

(seriously if the Corrado was feminine it would be a Corrada!)

Yes, I thought you'd have to replace the IV soon! - mind you there can't be many parts left to change and with you new position of parts manager at the local dealership you'll be running out of things to do to your car! :shock:

Your motor pulled hard in the power band mate and it still feels tight to me. I reckon your charger could do with an overhaul to restore the low end back to it's former glory as for some reason, even my VR6 feels livlier at the bottom end, it should be the other way round

Agreed, I think i'm getting as fussy as you! - I do think it feels tight but would like to improve the handling and supress the body roll... also the steering and clutch felt very heavy compared to yours - I even put the tyre pressures up on my way home to VW spec but it made little difference :(

The power is there but as you say only when in the revs (like driving a 16v GTi) - I will put that down to the fact thats its due for a plug change that I will do before putting it on the rollers at Stealth, then I will be able to see (from a mechanically sound car with 80k) the difference it makes rebuilding that second (auxillary) big alternator, sorry, can't remember what its called but it blows all the air in :?

What was this thread called??