Sign in to follow this  
JBOB

My first show

I took the car to Elsecar Cgti mega meet yesterday :D Its the first time ive ever entered a car into a show and shine competition and I

really enjoyed it 8) I even got my G/F to wax the car while I went outside for a look around :D 8)

I meet quite a few people and everyone that I spoke to had very positive comments about my car.

Ive got some scratches and some small marks (like water marks) on the bonnet that I just cant shift so I was going to get the bonnet resprayed last week but the bodyshop I use had to shut due to family crisis. Apart from that the car looked pretty good IMHO :wink:

As usual I forgot the camera but here’s a couple that Ive found :D

jbob1.jpg

elsecar2006001755.jpg

have u tried meguiars speed detailer on the water marks or even the clay,,, has i also had loads that i could never ever shift until i found the quick detailer

billinjahg60 Cheers mate :D

Furk'z The Megs stuff might work but TBH there is a few scratches that the first bodyshop caused that can only be sorted with a fresh coat of paint :roll: The shop I use has just started out and has very few overheads so he does me some really good deals, Like £20 to paint both doors :wink: his work is A1 and I wouldnt go anywhere else now.

billinjahg60 The shop I use has just started out and has very few overheads so he does me some really good deals, Like £20 to paint both doors :wink: his work is A1 and I wouldnt go anywhere else now.

Is he open to new business? Got a few little dinks I could do with sorting ;)

The painter is a mate called Dean and he's in Huddersfield. I haven’t got a phone number for him but if anyone wants directions then Ive got the address 8)

A few people have been to see him after Ive pointed them in the right direction and they’ve all been very impressed with the work and the price :wink:

very mean looking corrado, where are your front indicators we did the same to a mates corrado and put them in the headlight but they aren't to easy to see when the headlights are on full. Will be getting some spray work done by dean hopefully next week, top painter.

iow_corrado_g60 When I bought the car it has similar mirrors on but they were both broken (It was parked on the street in Hammersmith :roll: ) So the base plates had already been sorted for me. My brother got some new mirrors and I just used three screws from the inside of the door to hold them on. the problem was that the prev owner has used fibre glass and filler to fill the OE mirror holes and it had started to sink :roll: So I welded them up and smoothed over before it went in for paint.

Bobby Ive got a Seat Ibiza front splitter that has holes the exact same size as the Mk2 (Big bumper) front indicators, so Ive got some smoked ones in there 8) A few people said that it wouldn’t pass the MOT with the indicators being so low but it passed last September :D

Some better pics

999.jpg

ap01_027.jpg

95.jpg