Sign in to follow this  
PiercedWinky

Piercedwinky's Corrado - tires n wheels on, holes welded

fecking hell :shock: looks like it`s done 10 rounds with mike tyson :lol: did it leak at all ?? it doesnt look particulary oily , i bet it woke you up tho :lol:

fecking hell :shock: looks like it`s done 10 rounds with mike tyson :lol: did it leak at all ?? it doesnt look particulary oily , i bet it woke you up tho :lol:

It tore a small hole in it around the drain plug. I luckily turned off the car quick enough to not spin any bearings, but I did have some valve noise afterwards.

and it was deffinatly a bit of a wakeup. I am just glad I did that with a G60 and not a VR6, G60 bearings are alot stronger than the VR's

looking nice mate, needs lowering though ;)

Cant really get a good feel for the new paint colour from the image you posted, is it a sort of perlecent white?

PiercedWinky, whilst your on, i`m looking for a grey ( late style ) interior door handle for your passenger side ( our driver side ) ..... i`m fitting a late interior into an early one and would rather not have the mirror switch in the door handle , just a plain one would do for me as i will put the switch somewhere else , let us know if you can help mate :thumbleft:

PiercedWinky, whilst your on, i`m looking for a grey ( late style ) interior door handle for your passenger side ( our driver side ) ..... i`m fitting a late interior into an early one and would rather not have the mirror switch in the door handle , just a plain one would do for me as i will put the switch somewhere else , let us know if you can help mate :thumbleft:

I beleive that the grey interior had black handles... correct me if I am wrong. I know my tan interior has black handles and my early style grey interior I had was black handles... if that is all you are looking for then I should have some laying around somewhere. If not I will just go down to russell's house (vwfastg60) and pick up a set.

I beleive that the grey interior had black handles... correct me if I am wrong. I know my tan interior has black handles and my early style grey interior I had was black handles... if that is all you are looking for then I should have some laying around somewhere. If not I will just go down to russell's house (vwfastg60) and pick up a set.

i`ll just nip out to the workshop and double check the colour mate ..... back in a mo

looking nice mate, needs lowering though ;)

Cant really get a good feel for the new paint colour from the image you posted, is it a sort of perlecent white?

I think it needs to be at least another 1/2 inch lower personaly :shock:

and to answer the question about the paint yes it is a high perl paint. Three stage paint, base pearl and clear. It is really hard to get a good picture of it especially since it isnt on the car, just on the lid of the can.

would you be interested into making it a trade? I am on the search for the European rear plate recess that is in the hatch.

shouldnt be a problem mate, pm sent

All you gotta do is ask - guys over here would be happy to help out American Corrado enthusiasts with parts, trim, etc! :)

All you gotta do is ask - guys over here would be happy to help out American Corrado enthusiasts with parts, trim, etc! :)

It is so nice to see people that are so willing to help each other out. Even if others are halfway around the world :thumbleft:

On a side note I just redid my headliner and sunroof console in white suede.

^^^^^^

make that two... ;) I'll trade you for a gen-ewe-wine Euro-spec bumper... :lol: heheh

Good work on the headlining trimming though, looks like a quality job! :thumbleft:

dude if you could send a us spec slc front bumper id make it worth your while!!

Depending on if I can get one or not. I have an SLC front bumper for my car and there is a chance that I could get ahold of another one... Shipping might cost the price of a corrado LOL

And why would you want a US front bumper?

liking the re trimming work there PiercedWinky, is this the type of thing you do for a living ? if it aint then you should, looks ok from the pics 8)

Thank you, no I don't do that for a living. I am actually trying to find a new job right now and I am a college student.

I got bored last week and decided I should start re-trimming my headliner. I still need to do the visors but they are a bit trickier as I have to learn how to sew to do them.

Well over here cars aren't fitted with those running lights like they are over there. So those, combined with the electric seatbelts are a real novelty! In much the same way that NON side markered bumpers (fenders?) and standard euro seatbelts are for you over there!

I would love to get rid of my seat belts. It is kind of ironic that you guys want what we don't and visa versa.

My bumper will be shaved of the side markers when i do the rest of the body work. That bumper offer is very tempting though. I need to make some quick cash and start getting parts from you guys :thumbleft:

want a us spec one as they have no number plate recess and i like the side markers. i have uk spec seatbelts for sale if you want those.