Sign in to follow this  
PiercedWinky

Piercedwinky's Corrado - tires n wheels on, holes welded

My bumper will be shaved of the side markers when i do the rest of the body work. That bumper offer is very tempting though. I need to make some quick cash and start getting parts from you guys :thumbleft:

Would you be interested in swapping of bumpers?

I'm after a US spec one and rather than having yours shaved you could just respray mine....

I have two G60 bumpers that are kind of rough... And in a week or so I should have a VR6 bumper that Is in good shape.

I will take pics of all of them. I need to wait about a month before I can afford shipping anything. I just bought something for the car that put me out about a grand.

I am deffinatly Interested in that though. After I pic up this other bumper I will take pics and you can have your pic of which one.

Excellent!. By any chance are any of them silver?

None of them are silver. I can have it painted before it is shipped out if you would like. Do you mind if I separate it from the bumper rebar before I send it? It will save on shipping because it weighs so much.

changing to a vr6?

Yes. I had already swapped to VR6 "Plus" Suspension a few years ago. I want more reliable power now.

I am pressing the control arm bushings in this weekend. And probably going out drinking since the Girlfriend is out of town for the next week :lol:

I am trying to seal the deal within the next week that will make my car pretty unique. I don't want to be yapping about it too much until the parts show up.

probably better if i get it sprayed once its here.... just to make sure it'll match

how quickly would you need mine? or would it be easier just for me to buy one of the 3 from you?

probably better if i get it sprayed once its here.... just to make sure it'll match

how quickly would you need mine? or would it be easier just for me to buy one of the 3 from you?

Lets setup a strait across trade.

I am in no hurry at all for a bumper. I will cover shipping for the bumper to you, you cover shipping for the bumper to me and call it even.

After you recieve the bumper from me, ship out the other one to me.

Like I said, I am about a month off from having money for shipping because of how much money I just spent this passed week. But I will have enough on about the 1st of august.

yeah thats cool.

im in no rush either, just always fancied a US spec bumper and it looks like this is the easiest way of going about it.

I'll wait for you to pick up the new one & put up the pictures then we'll go from there?

I went and helped on of my friends move a bunch of Corrado parts today. I ended up with a sub box that we built for his Corrado when he still had it. It is custom fit and something that I originally built so kinda cool to see it come back to me and be put to use.

I also got ahold of 3 lower intakes for a VR6, VR6 injectors, and fuel rail. I can't wait to cut up the intake manifolds..... :shock:

door handles on yet? still gotta do mine!?

any pics of those bumpers yet?

The door handles won't be on for a long while. Not until after the car is painted.

I didn't pick up the bumper this weekend. I was depending on one of my friend's truck, but that fell through. I wish it would fit into my mk1 otherwise I would have brought it home a few weeks ago. I will try to get down there asap and get it so you know what it looks like.

I am trying really hard not to post any information on my engine setup, but since everything got ordered earlier this week and it should be hear early next.... Here is my $1000 investment and why I needed manifolds to chop up.

ITBsHiRes1.jpg[/attachment:c31a7]

There are 6 of em on the way.

I am still trying to figure out how to get the radiator lower in the car and all that good stuff, but I will make it happen.

oh and here is the lower intake manifold and another pic of it with the fuel rail and injectors

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfIMAGE_027.jpg[/attachment:c31a7]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMAGE_033.jpg[/attachment:c31a7]

I haven't been on this site in a LONG while.

I have all of the throttle bodies for the car.

Book1.pdfDSCF2243.jpg[/attachment:1uzdaalv]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSCF2244.jpg[/attachment:1uzdaalv]

ETKA Corrado.pdfDSCF2247.jpg[/attachment:1uzdaalv]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSCF2250.jpg[/attachment:1uzdaalv]

Corrado92.pdfDSCF2257.jpg[/attachment:1uzdaalv]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSCF2262.jpg[/attachment:1uzdaalv]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSCF2264.jpg[/attachment:1uzdaalv]

I stripped the fuel rail of the anodizing (what a pain) and polished it.

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfIMAGE_050.jpg[/attachment:1uzdaalv]

The weld plate for the throttle bodies.

90mm on center weld plate 6 cylinders.jpg[/attachment:1uzdaalv]

I also got a new toy to help with some refinishing of the car.

pressurized media blaster

DSC_0092.jpg[/attachment:1kpux7kz]

I got that and a brand new from dealer rear beam for free :-)

I will take pictures of the rear beam when I get a chance. Then I will be spending the next month covered in walnut shells from blasting all of my parts :lol: :lol:

Took a pic of the rear beam while I was at the storage unit.

DSC_0215.jpg[/attachment:32y8lvlb]

There is a bit of over-spray on it, but other than that it is a new beam.

I started to strip the brand new control arms today so I could Chassis-saver them. I need to get a valve for the media blaster. It no worky right now :( I could have had the arms, spindles and rear subframe done already :brickwall:

Pics of the control arms.

IMAGE_00007.jpg[/attachment:buhkgsqk]

Lee if you read this, how were you stripping your control arms and subframes?? You made it seem so easy

I haven't been on here in a couple of months... I got the car moved out of storage and moved into our new shop :D

The g60 lump came out of the car the night we got up there and I cleaned up the bay a bit before really getting dirty :grin:

DSCN0339.jpg

DSCN0333.jpg

So funny thing about all that wiring, and all of the goodies that were in the engine bay.....

It all looked a bit out of place being in there...

DSCN0334.jpg

DSCN0337.jpg

:sleeping:

One thing kinda led to another and I got carried away with the grinder and welder.

DSCN0345.jpg

DSCN0347.jpg

DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0350.jpg

DSCN0352.jpg

DSCN0353.jpg

DSCN0364.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

As of right now I am really not happy with how just filling those holes is coming out, so I have another plan I will start on this weekend. think SMOOTH :nuts:

Oh, and I got some new goodies to help me work on the car and that go on the car . Thanks to JoeyZ for some of these little bits.

DSC_0249.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

We got bored in the shop one night and made some changes to my brand new welding hood :cuckoo:

DSCN0381.jpg

And I have been building my ECU for the car. What fun is a stock ECU anyways :nuts:

dscn0379.jpg

DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0386.jpg

I feel like I am turning into Lee... everything must be shinny :luvlove: