Sign in to follow this  
Dec

Dec's 1.8 16v Turbo project!

Soooooooo close!!! Can feel it 'wanting' to start now!!

Been temporarily foiled by rain! :brickwall:

logfile attached. Seems to suggest that it's hitting 365rpm when almost catching. Cranking rpm is set at 300rpm. Idea to increase it to 400rpm?

logfile attached. Seems to suggest that it's hitting 365rpm when almost catching. Cranking rpm is set at 300rpm. Idea to increase it to 400rpm?

300 should be enough tbh.maybe increase it to 400 rpm to help things along.

Are you still getting kick back every now and then?

So you can feel a definate change since you changed the pwm setting?

Like you say when i changed mine it made a big difference and i felt like it was just a matter of time.

You just have to find the sweet spot on the dizzy now.

As long as you have a good spark and a reasonable timing value and compression the car will start.

Yay :clap:

Umbrella?

Does fel a bit better since changing the PWM setting alright.

Not getting any kick back anymore. Prob a combination of resetting the timing again, and the last few changes I've made.

Yeah hopefully, just need to adjust the dizzy now! Dragged one of my mates out to sit in the car and turn the key while I messed with the dizzy....but unfort I think the engine was flooded at that stage. I've done a flood clear, pulled the plugs out and cleaned them off. Left it sit for a while now too, while it was raining.

Back out for one last attempt for the evening before it's completely dark out there!

I'm using the little Bosch ignition control module. The same hook-up as was in the Club-Gti link (but the diagram on that site seems to have disappeared)

I've reconfigured it to supply power to the hall sender.

Yup, that's the one. Wired up the same way by the looks of it. I just used two of the unused pins on the module to power the hall sender. As the unit has the capacity to do that, but the rado as standard gets power for the hall sender form teh ECU.

Cheers Goldie :wink:

Yup, that's the one. Wired up the same way by the looks of it. I just used two of the unused pins on the module to power the hall sender. As the unit has the capacity to do that, but the rado as standard gets power for the hall sender form teh ECU.

Cheers Goldie :wink:

Did you read the config settings?

they are different to yours.

Ahh Fudge!! I had copied those settings from Waynos's set-up. Didn't consider it would be slightly different!

Gave it a quick try with the proper config settings for the ign module, and didn't have much luck tho.

Didn't have a massive amount of time to look at it though, as the new daily driver TDi passats turbo decided to blow a seal today without any warning at all. I'm now looking at quite a bill for that to get a new turbo fitted!

im glad your getting there with this, on mine i was controlling the coil direct with no module. Looking at all this makes me miss mine. Think i might bring it back from the dead seeing as i have a daily ( all be it broken) g60

Ahh Fudge!! I had copied those settings from Waynos's set-up. Didn't consider it would be slightly different!

Gave it a quick try with the proper config settings for the ign module, and didn't have much luck tho.

Didn't have a massive amount of time to look at it though, as the new daily driver TDi passats turbo decided to blow a seal today without any warning at all. I'm now looking at quite a bill for that to get a new turbo fitted!

yeah you can't start chasing your tail when you change one thing and then the next.Its tricky.

With those new settings did you re adjust the dizzy(or the trigger angle) to find the right point where it will bite?

Sorry to hear about your other car.You could do without that huh!!!!!

WOW just read the whole thread :salute:

cant wait to see more, love the megaview, hopefully same set up i'll be doing so i could be asking some questions soon lol :)