Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Define Carrera

Well Carrera in Spanish means Race!

I presume that is where it comes from as it doesn't seem to mean anything in German I don;t think!

It's Spanish for 'race'

(and also a very lovely kind of marble, but I doubt that's where Porsche got it from)

baron u lucky sod i only have one of them Tag watches :(

cheers sam

now thats sorted i can go to bed :lol:

Don't they speak Spanish in Mexico???

If so then pretty much all of it derives from the word Carrera then, as Carrera Pan-American translates to Pan-American Race!

Musicman - too slow!!!

Don't they speak Spanish in Mexico???

If so then pretty much all of it derives from the word Carrera then, as Carrera Pan-American translates to Pan-American Race!

yup, thats exactly right..

more on the history [well from a watch angle] here

and this site is great for all things TAG Heuer

http://www.onthedash.com/

my watches:

i have the metal bracelet carrera as well didnt know you were a tag man furks? wow yours are gorgeous baz ill have the one on the right please an origional heuer before they were called tag as well?

i got a nice collection of watches now... got a thing for them

fav is my Raymond Weil chrono one though i love that

yup, both of em are original 70's models and both pretty rare. when i was working in watches one of the refurb guys at TAG done the one on the left for free, as he'd never seen one in the flesh and was impressed i had a watch that rare. the one on the right is chrome cased not steel. Again, a collectors item.. im a lucky boy!

i got a nice collection of watches now... got a thing for them

fav is my Raymond Weil chrono one though i love that

which one do you have? Raymond Weil do some lovely watches, and the brand is hugely under recognised.

Again, the guys in the service dept in Haslemere are true fanatics. they'll tell you the model numbers of pretty much anything they've ever made.

good choice! 8)

And on a similarly random note Mille Miglia just means 'thousand miles' and is the name of an historic Italian car racing route that was, funnily enough, a thousand miles long.

Mille Miglia history on wikipedia

:watch nerd mode: And chopard make watches carrying the 1000 miglia name!

http://www.chopard.com/worldwide/fl/homefl.htm

Mmm Raymond Weil - them's the lot that had that crap ad of the Vanessa May in the ocean aren't they?

Actually - she was in it, so it wasn't all bad. What the nuts it had to do with timepieces is beyond me though.

Hugo Boss watches are also apparently made by Raymond Weil, well the quality is awesome for the price anyways has i have one of these too :lol:

I like how this thread has morphed into a timepiece discussion.

I know that the Raymond Weil watches are popular,but they seem a little old fashioned in their styling to me.

My own preferance at the moment is a Breil number I got a couple of years ago.I would like another watch though,and wouldn't say no to a Panerai but the damn things cost about two grand.

Hugo Boss watches are also apparently made by Raymond Weil' date=' well the quality is awesome for the price anyways has i have one of these too :lol:[/quote']

Kind of true, they're both made by the same company, but neither actually make the watches!

Im liking you chronographs bud 8)

yeah i got a watch thing im after the tag monaco next love the square faced ones!

nice choice.. when you're ready to buy, let me know first and i'll get you a price if you like.

TheWizardofOdds, mmm panerai!.. my next watch!

chrishill, swatch and flik-flak both have swiss movements comparable to alot of much higher value watches.. cheap and very cheerful! :lol:

nah forget all that,,, the one im saving up for is the carbon fibre edittion seamaster or if i ever have enough a Breitling, i think their sexy as fack

cheers baron btw :wink: