Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

How to read my paint code?

I know I know I'm going to be beaten for posting this... :roll:

I got a print out from the dealer about my car. Its service hist n other details. I am still trying to find my cars colour. So howdo I read my code?

Where the original airbox sat there is a orange sticker. Printed on it is a barcode and J9J9.

On my printout from the dealer my colour ref is K9K9xf

So is it the K's n J's I read?

If so J9 = Aqua blue pearl effect

and K9 = Inca Blue Metallic

So what colour is me car?

It should also be on a sticker on the boot of the floor, on the front of the (original) service book and written on the bodywork across the centre tunnel...

Well no stickers in the boot? unfortunatley.. No service book loads of VW service receipts but no book...

Still none the wizer :?:

Having looked in the Paint codes sec of the buyers guide I think you've got the 'Sale Codes' there mate.

The paint code for Aqua blue pearl is LC5U , and Inca is LK5T

I may be wrong - but I think the paint code is on the log book.

Aye, sorry - as Walsey says - the paint codes are 4 digits as per that.

If you get really desperate, take the seats out and the handbrake trim off and have a look with a torch under the carpet on the centre tunnel. It'll say Aqua Blau or somesuch on there :)

Or come to a meet and we'll soon be able to tell you what colour it is ;)

Aye, sorry - as Walsey says - the paint codes are 4 digits as per that.

If you get really desperate, take the seats out and the handbrake trim off and have a look with a torch under the carpet on the centre tunnel. It'll say Aqua Blau or somesuch on there :)

Or come to a meet and we'll soon be able to tell you what colour it is ;)

Hi. Yep actually that was my next step. Coming to a meet parking her up and saying there's my colour... :lol: Pity I lived in Cambridge, St Neots till a couple of Months back...Find a North West meet now...

Walsey Yep it does say my colour on the log book....Blue hehe I did manage to get that far.

Walsey Yep it does say my colour on the log book....Blue hehe I did manage to get that far.

:lol: ...Not much help then, sorry mate.

Aqua blue pearl is ..well..pearlesant(sp) so shines different colours in different lights , it goes sorta purpley , where as Inca is a more 'flat' colour ...hard to describe :lol:

When I bought my Aqua blue it had been painted on the rear quarter in Inca ...the previous owner had obviously got confused :lol:

Here's a pic of my old Aqua blue pearl (after i'd had it painted ) if that helps?

The XF bit refers to your type of interior trim.

XF means cloth seats in blue/petrol colour, if your car is made before 31.07.90 then you have a G60, after that date it could be anything.

As for the J9 and K9 bit these are sales codes, but which one is right I don't know. Without wishing to doubt you the boot sticker is normally found on the panel that the badge attach to, easy to miss sometimes.

The XF bit refers to your type of interior trim.

XF means cloth seats in blue/petrol colour, if your car is made before 31.07.90 then you have a G60, after that date it could be anything.

As for the J9 and K9 bit these are sales codes, but which one is right I don't know. Without wishing to doubt you the boot sticker is normally found on the panel that the badge attach to, easy to miss sometimes.

Here is my car. Catch the colour... Also shots of the sticker remains in the boot!!

Aye, that's the sticker that was...

It looks like it's Inca to me, but it's very hard to tell from photos and I could very well be wrong.

AHH well not to worry. Only asking as my mate sat in her the day I got the car. He got out to have a cig as I said No you may not lite up in the C..He opened the door and banged it on a brick wall :x So I have a small chip now bubbling to rust... :p

I can see 6 images there by the way..Supposed to be only 3 ??

Still I'll have her on the Rd on Tuesday morning..Waheey 1st time in 4 months..Then maybe off to meet a few of ya.