Sign in to follow this  
glen

koni and H&Rs

New shocks just arrived! :D

but a quick question i cant see how the rear shocks are adjusted?

there koni yellow adjustable shocks

Also theres two postions for the clip on rears which one should i set too?

Any One?

before she goes in the garage

push em right down and twist to set the valving, does that make sense?

it's on the destructions

Ah ok i get it now just expecting something simlar to fronts.....

There is ony to spaces for the clip?

which one top or bottom?

Are your rears actually top adjustable though? They do non adjustable ones aswell.

The rear TAs have 4 or 5 circlip positions and a top adjuster.

VR needs to go on the middle circlip position and we've found the 4 cylinder cars need the circlip to be on the top position.

Are your rears actually top adjustable though? They do non adjustable ones aswell.

The rear TAs have 4 or 5 circlip positions and a top adjuster.

VR needs to go on the middle circlip position and we've found the 4 cylinder cars need the circlip to be on the top position.

there's an adjustable koni sport (yellow) with only 3 spring plate positions and is only adjustable off the car (the push and turn variety), but AFAIK it's no different to the top adjustable version otherwise.

On Eibach springs the 3 groove variety definately needs the top groove or the nose is too high.

David.

Cheers for clarifying David. I must admit I've never seen an 'off the car' adjustable Koni before, I've only ever used the TAs.

Cheers for clarifying David. I must admit I've never seen an 'off the car' adjustable Koni before, I've only ever used the TAs.

I thought I was getting TA's for the back :roll: but those turned up, bit cheaper tho. Not only that but the fronts turned up as inserts only and my car had aftermarket legs on it :x had to pick up a pair of old G60 struts to make up my suspension.

Love the ride on Koni's, won't go back to anything else, you do get what you pay for with dampers.

I presume you have to take the speaker pods out to get at the adjusters on the rears?

Just called them and yeah there off the car ones, they sent wrong type :(

but there going to exchange though :) but a £20 extra per shock :x

Cheers for ya help didnt know there was two types...

I thought I was getting TA's for the back :roll: but those turned up, bit cheaper tho. Not only that but the fronts turned up as inserts only and my car had aftermarket legs on it :x had to pick up a pair of old G60 struts to make up my suspension.

Love the ride on Koni's, won't go back to anything else, you do get what you pay for with dampers.

I presume you have to take the speaker pods out to get at the adjusters on the rears?

What a nightmare!! I always get a full strut where possible as inserts can be fun and games if the collars sieze!

Yeah the konis are very good and you definitely get what you pay for there, no question.

Yep, speakers have to come out but you can put the covers back on though without them and you also have to cut a bit of speaker cradle away in order to get the adjuster knob onto the damper rod!. The rear is very rarely adjusted anyway to be honest.