Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

WHATS MY VAG ALARM ?

For insurance i need to verify what my alarm is but having been to FAG twice and 3 local fitters nobody is any help. VW say ill have to check with supplying dealer, but unforunately they are now carpet superstore and could'nt help!

Have all original keys and tags.

2 buttons, one indented one proud for panic.

3 pin contection port for for something

black tag with code .... on

black tag with ah7305 on

metal tag with k005514 on

and back of fob says mpt 1340 wt licence excempt on.

its a black fob which also has a slider on to switch the interior system on off and its a full closure jobbie.

Can post picks. As ever im astounded that the stealer cant tell me what this is as its fitted to my old mk3 16v, my wifes vento vr and my corrado ffs and both the late mk3s the old man had :evil: :roll: :evil: :roll:

Loathed to go another yr without theft cover or spend oodles replacing a perfeclt good fecking alarm!!

nick is there no codes on the siren in the engine bay or behind the glovebox. Thats where I found mine when I was sorting insurance.....?

(sorry if thats like sucking eggs!)

cant see anything on siren bud, and to say the wiring behind dash is a nightmare is an understatement, what am i looking for in there?

Hello

I have just resolved the same issue with my insurer, I have a factory/dealer fit

Alarm fitted to my Highline, my insurance company also said that the car would not be covered for theft and said that the only way it would be covered is for me to provide them with an alarm Health check. You can get this done at any professional alarm fitters.

My key fob is the same as the : SA1072 on the scorpion website, and I also found out that the alarm I have is a 5001T which is Thachem (sp) approved.

All of this only cost £47.00 a lot less that a new alarm.

Hope this helps.

D.

wicked, second one down on the left is mine, as Gav says 2 bottun remote. Any idea of the actual model number of this one then??

Cheers guys much apreciated as ever!

Quite a few insurance companys don't recognise it anymore as a Thatcham 1. I have one and Admiral seem to be the only mainstream company that will take it without any recent check. Luckily they are the cheapest for me :) The factory fit didn't include the battery backup siren under the bonnet, had to get it fitted later to make it Thatcham 1.

Nick, here's a deal for ya...

I'll pay for a new alarm to be fitted and you give me your speedlines! ;) :lol:

Quite a few insurance companys don't recognise it anymore as a Thatcham 1. I have one and Admiral seem to be the only mainstream company that will take it without any recent check. Luckily they are the cheapest for me :) The factory fit didn't include the battery backup siren under the bonnet, had to get it fitted later to make it Thatcham 1.

not had any problems with insurance because of my vag alarm,even though thatcham dont list it as cat1 anymore,it still is a cat1 alarm,as technology grows thatcham declasify the older alarms to make way for the newer technology alarm,as far as i know the alarms were not fitted at the factory,but fitted at the dealers