Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

Arghhh Damn brake lines. Now with photo's

As it sez in the title. Fitting a new raer caliper at the mo. The old 1 had a totally siezed handbrake mech.

The braided lines were fitted by previous owner. They came off easy enuff. Now refitting and as I come to final tight the hose just spirals.

Do the Goodridge hoses come with a rotating collar? As in 1 spanner on the nut and another on the body to hold it steady?

This is how the Nitrous lines work on the car.

Please answer :lol:

Edit

Done it now.. Just had a break from it...Worked it from the hard line end..Easy :oops:

Well handbrake works a treat...

Now I have to sought out the Goodridge lines. The tester said they seem to be to long. Was real picky about this point. He felt they could snag on any part???

So see what ya think.

Line-as-is.jpg

Front line side on.

as-is-2.jpg

Front line from below.

Braided-route.jpg

Route he would like.

rear-flexi.jpg

Rear axle line. He said this could catch on something? Said the line again looks to long.

It seems far less worrying than the lines that enter the rear brake load valve.

Valve-hard.jpg

Comments on this and maybe a few pointers as to how others have there lines routed would be appreciated.

Ta all.

and that will also fail the the MOT, as there doesn't appear to be the rubber clip holding it to the front strut.

Supercharged said

They do look long - should be 425mm

Ahh wright. I just looked on this site. Yes They do indeed look like VR lines. The G60's fronts are way shorter. :roll: Previous owner the mechanic again!!!!

and that will also fail the the MOT, as there doesn't appear to be the rubber clip holding it to the front strut.

Exactly...

Anybod got any photos of their hoses?

So what would be a good way of rigging this up? I was thinking of the route I have shown. What I could do would be to get a length of rubber hose. Slice it length ways, slip it round the hose then fit it into the metal tab and then bend the tab round the hose, Using teh sliced hose as a sought of rubber buffer or something.

Can you buy Goodridge hoses in pairs. As in the front if they are indeed to long.

I just bought a set for the G60 and fitted them and they are exactly the same length. I thought they might be too l,ong so checked and was told that they were right. Kinda worrying as I have a mot in a couple of weeks.

Well I may not get my MOT if this guy gets his way.

These are on the Bahn Brenner site. they are for the 60 and are def shorter than mine.

Did ya see the link on the previous post. they are well long and listed for the VR6 :?:

Well after a day n a bit of work the 60 is ready for a retest. :roll:

Here's what I did with the front lines.

What do ya think?

front-lines-new.jpg

Used some hose and nylon ties to reroute the path of the hose.

I measured the length of the hose. Just under 400mm. Are the 60 hoses?

Try for a retest today.

well how did the retest go then :Fade-color

They could not fit me in till this coming Monday 11:30. Bit done really but hay whats another weekend :p

I have to pay again. £44 long gone it seems are the days of 'you have a fortnight mate' I was going to take it to another place being as I have to pay but then they may find something else to fail her on.

So here's hoping for Monday.

I have these fitted to mine ~ seemed a bit long but i trusted the guy at BFG.

Had MOT on last tues - they passed fine, no issues > and considerin how picky they were they would have added them to the list if the could.

New MOTs seem alot tighter

I can stick a photo on if you still want to see the difference?

I have these fitted to mine ~ seemed a bit long but i trusted the guy at BFG.

Had MOT on last tues - they passed fine, no issues > and considerin how picky they were they would have added them to the list if the could.

New MOTs seem alot tighter

I can stick a photo on if you still want to see the difference?

If you could mate that would be great. The front lines will prob be the only thing he may still pick on.

The rest will pass fine. New rear caliper fitted so handbrake works well on both sides now. He failed me on a small plastic clip on the rear hard lines. It was broke. Pulled a sim design from a 7 series BMW in my mates yard. Plus headlights needed new self tappers to tighten em up. They will aim the lights as part of the test.

Other than that its wait n see.