Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

My Corrado Project.... Here goes i'm on the ladder

Well guys just thought i'd post some pics of my project in-hand. Firstly to repair the rear and replace the tailgate....

And the other minor little issues. Hoping to get the front painted too while its in for the rear.... Do you think the rear pannel will pull out? I dont' think its that bad really...

DSC00206.jpg

DSC00200.jpg

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

DSC00203.jpg

DSC00204.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

i would think a smidge of filler and an impact hammer should see that back to good mate. or at worst i new bit of metal welded in? what have the body shop said?

nice colour that! what is it?

:-)

it would probably be better to find a corrado in a scrappy and cut the rear section you need out as that is quite a strong panel and would require quite a bit of straightening and filling to get just right, there are a couple of corrado's in a local scrappy to me which are both straight at the back.

The Rest of the car is sweet... Really just that back panel took the impact and the tailgate, but its not that bad when looking at it in person.

Wha i am trying to find is a tailgate the same colour, as it would make it hat much easier to spray and keep costs down.

I would be greatful if you could get me a price on that rear end panel.. Probably will be changed, no breakers round me have any C's in, they just look at me wierd if ou ask...

i may be going to the scrappy on the weekend at some point as there are a couple of bits of trim i am after, i will ask them how much they want for it.

8) like the back lights!

id agree on that rear panel,being strong...much better to throw another on :) not a massive job for someone who knows what they are doing.

good luck with the project :D

neil.

The back panel on mine looked similar to that a few weeks ago after an x5 reversed into me, the bodyshop managed to pull it out and sort it with a bit of filler no bother.

was just at the one side thankfully, but looked just like the dent on the right of that pic. The x5 just had a bit of my paint on its bumper and a smashed tail light. :x

Glad that my old girl has got a good new home m8! Good luck with the repair, Ive still got the whiplash from that dam Range Rover :x

Apart from that i think you'll be extremaly happy with her. I had 2 years of great joy with that car, but since the accident I kinda fell out of love with her, got a result with some money and got my VR.

Keep us all updated with the progress m8, cant wait to see her in the flesh again all fixed up! 8)

rest of the car looks sweet! not sure on the gold VW badge

personally I'd stick a new panel in, won't show up the repair work as easily if at all

The gold badge looks a bit Renault Clio Williams to me.

You could pull the dent out with a slide hammer, seen 'em on Pimp my ride.

Smaller link

You have to put a small hole in the panel to pull it, so it'd need welding afterwards.

*Mod edit - link shortened*

that gold badge was all my own work! :lol: Was spraying up a m8's Astra in one of there Gold's, had some paint left over, the badge had all faded so fort "hmm....i wonder what that......." ;)

Took delivery of my wheels early hours this morning (4am!!!!!)

:o

Many thanks to Gaz the Geezer for collecting and dropping them off, Sorted bloke and another Credit to the forum...

Anyhow quickly put them to see how they'd look!!!!

Thought i'd share it with you all...

I'm pleased, one step closer to bringing upto scratch. Sorry it's so dirty haven't cleaned it yet, decided not to untill i get the rear sorted..

What do you all think

cc2.jpg

cc1.jpg