Sign in to follow this  
dan

Revenge is sweet

My mate has a fit 1.8 16v C in Tornedo red. He was telling me that he had a bit of fun with a Toyota Starlet turbo. He said that the little Toyota suprised him with its power in fact it passed him while they were negotating traffic. I did give him some stick about it & he told me that it would probably be as quick as the VR6 & quicker through the gears.

Anyway the other night I was travelling on the motorway doing about 50mph sitting behind a Celica hogging the fast lane. When I saw these driving lamps comming fast behind me. It was a black Toyota Starlet, he passed me & then pulled in front of me passing the celica in the slow lane. He was travelling fast, I could hear the whistle as he went by & the stones bouncing off my bonnet :x

We were then approaching a roundabout & he turned off in my direction. Then I thought what the hell, I followed him for a while then he pulled into the slow lane. I wasn't sure wether I should try & pass him or not but I did. He stayed back for a few seconds & then he came. I knew he was looking to race as he flashed his lights a few times.

I went into third & pulled out into the fast lane but again there was someone already overtaking. By this time my mirrors were filled with this little Black car. When the car in front pulled off the fast lane I pressed hard on the accellerator still in third. 100mph in third & I started to pull away from him, which felt very good. 125 in fourth & I was pulling away even faster then he flashed his lights again & slowed up. I remember thinking on what my mate had said about the turbo Starlet & grinning to myself.

So thats my first race in the C & I must say I quite enjoyed it. :D

So I guess you could say, this time 'the car in front is a Corrado' :)

So I guess you could say, this time 'the car in front is a Corrado' :)

'the car in front is a Corrado' 'so why bother trying'

I've had a similar race with my mates Daihatsu charade turbo(1000cc 3 cylinder 12 valve) :shock: and it was just as quick as my VR6 to about 90mph :x ,well he did have the boost wound right up :lol:

Little cars have no weight to pull so good acceleration

As for the C !! Well they are no light weight :lol:

Oh !! and this was all done on a private road "cough" :twisted:

WAY TO GO CORRADO 8) .

I am going to the raceway on Saterday ,there is a guy whose desprete to race my C.G60 with his BMW 325IS , I think I can beat him .what do u think?

WAY TO GO CORRADO 8) .

I am going to the raceway on Saterday ,there is a guy whose desprete to race my C.G60 with his BMW 325IS , I think I can beat him .what do u think?

Depends if it's an E30 325is or an E36. E30 = 170bhp & 171lb/ft torque and the E36 gets 24V, single vanos vvt, 191 bhp and 181lb/ft torque.

Having owned an E30 is and driven an E36 325i, I'd say you'll be level with the E30 but no chance with the E36. The E36 is faster than the G60 to 60 and has a higher top speed. The E30's times are 8.1 to 60 and 138mph respectively. The E30 is has an LSD too, so will launch better.

You will have him on the twisties though if you're dampers are sound, ESPECIALLY in the wet. He won't stand a chance. E30s are skittish as hell in the wet.

Kev

125 in fourth & I was pulling away even faster then he flashed his lights again & slowed up.

4th gear acceleration is the best imo in the VR6. You can leave it in 4th all day on the motorway as it offers a wide speed range and it keeps the engine in the sweet spot. Especially useful when Vectra man is glued to your backside whilst you're waiting for that HGV to pull over. Floor it and watch Vectra turn to a small dot and then grab 5th at 125+ and keep going all the way to 145+. Once you stoke the VR's fire on the motorway, it just doesn't stop :lol:

Kev

I had a race with a golf tdi once, i was in a BMW 525 (E34) auto and in sports mode full kickdown too and couldnt keep up with it....the BMW was fast but the golf won!