Sign in to follow this  
cjt

I am looking to buy a coupe and having checked the bank balance the new AM V8 isnt really an option. I am no mechanic so I will look to buy the mintiest VR6 money can buy (blackberry or dark blue with cream leather looks nicest to me). Anyway, having doen a certain amount of reading I am confused by a few things:

1. Did any RHD cars come with air bags? I read not in tech spes everywhere but see people talking about them in forums.

2. Was cream leather an option with all exterior colours?

3. Is the Storm really just a set of badges and unique body colours? Surely not or they wouldnt command silly prices.

4. Are 17" wheels easy to get someone to fit without mods of any kind?

5. Should I hold out for a seriously low mileage version or just go for a nice restored one.

Any other advice you guys (and girls) may wish to offer is gratefully received.

thx in advance

Chris

welcome!!!

1. not sure on the airbag thing but I'm sure someone will know....!

2. yup!!!!

3. again yup!!! storms are std vr6 but only in a dark shade of blue that i cant remember the name of and cant be bothered looking up (mystic - thanks Steve!!) with (black leather) or classic green (cream leather) with colour coded grille and solitude wheels.... oh, and the storm badges!!! only 250 were made in each colour.....

4. depends on the offset and how low your car is dropped if at all.... although you will compromise ride quality and handling on 17's....

5. milage is nothing...! if its been well looked after (mine is on 164k and runs better than ever) then dont be put off by milage - although on a high milage vr you might want to check the chains have been done - although dont worry too much about it though, there are cars on spaceship milage that are still on original chains - strong things theses VW engines....

Good luck in the hunt mate...!

if i were you, and could afford it, i'd take a look at this one..... she is a beauty...

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41769

:)

3. Is the Storm really just a set of badges and unique body colours?

Only Mysic blue is unique to the Storm, you can buy a classic green VR6 with cream leather but no Storm badges.

I've never seen or heard of a Corrado with airbags , don't think they were an option?

Good luck with your search!

Only Mysic blue is unique to the Storm, you can buy a classic green VR6 with cream leather but no Storm badges.

Mines moonlight and certaiinly no storm.

You mean Mystic Blue.

3. Is the Storm really just a set of badges and unique body colours?

Only moonlight blue is unique to the Storm, you can buy a classic green VR6 with cream leather but no Storm badges.

I've never seen or heard of a Corrado with airbags , don't think they were an option?

Good luck with your search!

Mystic Blue! not Moonlight