CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Thats not just any bit of ally, its got letters stamped on the end of it! That guy must be making a mint out of these, must get a lathe in the shed soon........

LOL, I thought you were going to finish that off with "...this is M&S ally" :lol:

As for solid mounts, report back to us in 6 months when your engine mount bracket has sheared off and the engine's whacked the bonnet :cuckoo:

Yep, I am slightly concerned over the long term implications. The solid one is more of a stop gap, as I couldn't afford a VT and my current VT was knackered :(

Don't get me wrong, I HOPE it doesn't do that, but it happened to someone on here a while back, think it was a G60 though. I'm thinking with the VR's weight, it might exacerbate the problem. Yours isn't a daily, or is it? Should be OK if not a daily but keep an eye on the mount bracket and thread lock the mount bolts!

As for solid mounts, report back to us in 6 months when your engine mount bracket has sheared off and the engine's whacked the bonnet :cuckoo:

I don't understand this, why all the talk of shearing brackets? Was the cause of the G60 def the mount, or did it just happen to have a solid one? My mount was so sloppy that the engine was constantly rocking back and forth, and therefore more likely to cause damage by (unwanted) engine movement. Surely the forces going through the solid mount and the bracket are no different to before, the difference is there is not the shock of a sloppy mount.

I would have thought the forces at the front of the engine are more vertical than lateral too (at least in terms of accel/decel), so having the bracket attached to a solid mount would again not cause any additional stresses?

Happy to be educated further so I can monitor this on mine.

Black Forest Industries have loads of well-priced inserts, but don't ship to the UK...

Wished you've have said, I had the same problem but found that Four Seasons Tuning stock them and shipped them to the UK for me along with lots of other lovely Gen VAG bits. Been very happy with my BFI mounts and have since helped my Bro fit them to his Goof VR6 and a friends Ibiza 1.8T.

Interesting to see how the new front mount works out however if you do wanna order some BFI's just give me a shout and i'll drop you some details.

Or, if you aren't worried about branding and think polyurethane is polyurethane, take your pick from:

http://shop.ebay.de/?_from=R40&_trksid= ... Categories

(Various hardnesses available too)

Don't get me wrong, I HOPE it doesn't do that, but it happened to someone on here a while back, think it was a G60 though. I'm thinking with the VR's weight, it might exacerbate the problem. Yours isn't a daily, or is it? Should be OK if not a daily but keep an eye on the mount bracket and thread lock the mount bolts!

surely it would only cause issues if the other mounts are bummed and thus causing the engine to "swing" on this front mount? if they were all pretty solid then there sint alot of movement in it? i might be wrong?

A little update! Managed to raise enough cash to buy a VT front mount (C&R have by far the best price ;) ). So swapped that in for the solid mount.

Met up with Jon & Andy (boostmonkey & ProdigalSon) yesterday- they kindly offered to help with a few bits + it was a good chance to catch up :) The plan for the day was to start by fitting new rear discs, pads, bearings + handbrake cables. Later on- front top mounts.

I arrived before 10am... and left at around 8pm! 3 out of the 4 stupid allen bolts (terrible design by VW :roll: ) rounded off & the metal plate on the wind-back tool was buckled, stopping it working altogether. We managed to get around these probs and got everything fitted properly in the end, but didn't have time to get the top mounts done :(

Just goes to show that a relatively straightforward job can turn into a nightmare and take a whole day instead of just a couple of hours!

Well 3 out of 4 isn't too bad Mate! I have spent days on car's where the one easy job involves doing 3 tricky one's where a single bolt can completely ruin a whole weekend. I am sure you are moving in the right direction if your previous valver is any indication.

D

Sent from iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

I'm well up for round two if you wanna pop back over matey!

I realised that after not being around my C for 2+ years, I'd forgotten about all the little evils such as stuck bolts, and female allen carrier fittings! :@

Happy to swap that caliper out with you also if you CBA wqith swapping a seal :salute:

Darren, yeh, done a fair amount already! Always something else to do though...

I'm well up for round two if you wanna pop back over matey!

I realised that after not being around my C for 2+ years, I'd forgotten about all the little evils such as stuck bolts, and female allen carrier fittings! :@

Happy to swap that caliper out with you also if you CBA wqith swapping a seal :salute:

I'll take you up on that one, Jon 8) Does sound like a good idea- maybe half term week would be a goer... really appreciate the help :)

Got a bit bored + didn't really like the looks of the headlamp protectors, so bought some subtle tint Lamin-X. Also replaced my cracked fog and added some yellow Lamin-X to both fogs. Changed the debadged grille for a standard one with a black roundel. To finish things off, I swapped my 50mm splitter for a 90mm (thanks, Dom!). Also tried an eyebrow spoiler, but wasn't sure about it + it made the bonnet stick, so removed it.

You've had a productive day bud!-- Looking very good!

Where is the best (sorry cheapest ) place to get the yellow Lamin-X - I have seen a 12'' sheet on e-bay for £14. The yellow fogs contrast well with a black (hard to keep clean) Corrado.

Looking good Andy

What colour is the eyebrow spoiler you got? ( it was dark when I dropped it off :D )

Hey Andy, looking good, not feeling the yellow fogs though sorry to say... subtle tint on the indi's and fogs like i had on my old valver would look awesome imo...

Black rado's are just lovely, suprisingly rare from what i can tell...

Jake, I sprayed it black. Needs a bit of a polish though.

Abdul, yeh, the yellows are a bit Marmite. Just got bored and wanted to do something different. I quite like them... at the mo.

Forgot to say, I also detailed the front lights.

Ahh right.

If you going to sell it give me a shout ;)

Need to sort a little get together soon

Looking real nice with the larger splitter Andy. Just got round to fitting the 50mm last week and loving not slowing down to a crawl over speed bumps, until I get it lowered soon.................

Thanks Dom. Yeh, much prefer the look of the 90mm, but I've had to learn to crawl everywhere! :lol:

Thanks Dom. Yeh, much prefer the look of the 90mm, but I've had to learn to crawl everywhere! :lol:

Good stuff. Since writing that I've had the car lowered, so back to slowing down for big speed bumps :(

Well the old girl went through the MOT fine today. Both rear springs needed to be replaced though- both fractured in exactly the same place! All good now though.

She will be up for sale in a few days after I've serviced her. Been offered a car I've wanted for ages out of the blue ;)

Another Corrado of course! It's the one I've always wanted and was given first dibs ages ago...