CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Colouring in eh, you cheeky monkey! :lol:

This is what my class are doing during registration this morning:

Change this active sentence into passive:

You must return your library books at the end of each session.

Finally got hold of the RX2s the other day- love them although the polished lips will need a refurb at some stage. Put the front two on today, but when I went to put the rears on, both of the locking wheelnuts totally distorted :mad: Also, the pins in the key were all bent out of shape too! :shock: They're gonna have to be drilled out, as they have a swivelling collar so bolt grippers etc are no good :(

Wish I'd changed the crappy wheelnuts- knew this would prob happen one day. Stay away from 3-pin locking nuts!

Finally got hold of the RX2s the other day- love them although the polished lips will need a refurb at some stage. Put the front two on today, but when I went to put the rears on, both of the locking wheelnuts totally distorted :mad: Also, the pins in the key were all bent out of shape too! :shock: They're gonna have to be drilled out, as they have a swivelling collar so bolt grippers etc are no good :(

Wish I'd changed the crappy wheelnuts- knew this would prob happen one day. Stay away from 3-pin locking nuts!

tri-locks.Pieces of $hite.

local tyre and exhaust got mine out for me.

I won't say the firms name though so I don't get them in trouble.

:0)

Nightmere.Ive heard of them being drilled out or get a suitable sized socket and welly it so it is stuck onto the locking nut (risk of damaging wheels if not careful). Only hope is that they arent on too tight, locking nuts just need to be nipped up for exactly this reason..

When you do get them sorted go for the ones that have a clover shaped lock on them from mcgard, so much more substantial..

Like these..

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... %26hl%3Den

Cheers Michael. Just called my local motor factor and they've got some- not McGuard, but very good. The guy seemed to know his stuff- gave me some good advice on getting the trilocks out with a screw driver ;)

Had to take the car to a local tyre place in the end :? Took the guy about 40 minutes to get the two rear bolts out. A lot of hammering, swearing etc did the trick :lol:

Look away now if you're easily disturbed :shock: DSC00415.JPG[/attachment:1lf4j8n9]

Owned!!!!!

Good work Captain SixPot, so when are you gonna come and play?

I think Prodigal has these, although I might be getting confused with his late Audi... :?

If he has, he needs to get rid ASAP!!!! They are truly awful. The guy today said he'd seen soooo many of these fail. It's just plain bad design and use of poor materials. The metal is like cheese. Should've taken a pic of the actual key- now that was something else! :shock: The tyre guy binned it though, before I could nab it.

Took a quick snap of the C with it's new rims on. I'll get some proper pics soon 8)

Oh yeh, and here's also a pic of my other new (albeit much more important :D ) acquisition- pic taken by a midwife on Friday :D

you have a storm coming???

seriously though, congrats on the little un! You've just doubled the chances of paintwork scratches and quadrupled the chance of the missus telling you to buy something "sensible" :( :lol:

If he has, he needs to get rid ASAP!!!! They are truly awful. The guy today said he'd seen soooo many of these fail. It's just plain bad design and use of poor materials. The metal is like cheese. Should've taken a pic of the actual key- now that was something else! :shock: The tyre guy binned it though, before I could nab it.

Thankfully that was the Audi, although I always put copper grease on the threads every time I took the bolts out, so never had any probs 8)

Good work with the rims, and even better with the offspring! :wink: :) When's your good lady due?

They look rather scarely like the ones I have on my MKIV Golf!!! Think I'd better change them quick although they do get a regular copper slipping whenever I take the rims off, I even managed to get one out after our local main dealer had been at them with an air gun.

Like the rims Andy, really suit the Corrado IMHO.

Get yourself sorted soon, you've only got 4 seats in a C and number 4 looks like it'll be full in August!

liking the rims :D

i have had those wheel bolts do the same on an old car, was a bastard getting them off.

they are also on my corrado, but only got 1 on there now, managed to replace the rest with standard wheel bolts

I`ve got the Maguard ones on mine managed to get three undone before disaster :(

The unlocking key has rounded one corner can`t seem to get enough on it to unlock the wheel bolt :(

Going to try a few tricks tomorrow to try to get it off.

Any ideas would be gratefully tried :lol:

Loving the wheels Cazza,really suit the C.

Nice to see your still looking after the old girl.

Congrats on the soon to be new addition.

Don`t want to hear any of that "got to sell the C for a bigger car " Nonsense :lol: :lol:

Hi mate,

In the future, I'm just gonna make sure I don't tighten the locking nuts too much + copper grease them too.

The guy at the garage spent ages hammering on different sized sockets, and tried to airgun them off. Eventually worked, but took a while.

Yeh, can't go wrong with BBS imho. Perfect oem+ wheels. I certainly won't be selling the C- even though this is our second nipper, as we've got an Octy vRS etsate for the holidays, family trips and general donkey work :lol: .

Trying my best to look after her- still a few minor things to be sorted. Looking at the receipts, seems like you looked after her really well 8) Did she win a prize a few years back? There's a GTI Inters plaque mounted in front of the gearstick.