CazzaVR

Cazza's Storm- Gone :( ...S3 Has Arrived! :)

Shame to see it go, was quite intrigued by the Prelude, and was especially impressed by what I saw of the 4WS at the national day.

I think I might go Jap when I grow out of Corrados (Well, when my wages do :wink: )

Was taken out in an Evo 8 a little while back and was taken back by how capable the car was. Would be good for a second car I think.

Hi Tom, yep it's a shame :( Somebody's coming to pick it up tomorrow- didn't take much selling. The 4WS is awesome 8) The car felt very good going up the hill climb...

Hi Tom, yep it's a shame :( Somebody's coming to pick it up tomorrow- didn't take much selling. The 4WS is awesome 8) The car felt very good going up the hill climb...

:) I meant to ask about that, bet it was quite handy on those tight little corners.

So the vRS will be running a Forge Split-R Dump Valve

I would steer well clear of the Split-R unless you're a fan of the engine management light and 'limp mode'! Fit a Forge 007P and save yourself a lot of headaches.

Cheers, chap. Already got a Split-R. Aparently they're OK if the spring is set absolutely spot on. Otherwise I'll just use the blanking plug provided, which basically turns it into a 007 :) Have you got one on your Leon?

I use a Forge 007P. There are a fair few people on seatcupra.net that use the Split-R; most are now in full-recirculation mode though

If dump-valve noise is what you're after then fit an induction kit with a 007P. The DV noise I get through the Carbonio intake makes a statement! It's so loud, in fact, it's verging on a bit chavvy. It doesn't help that I had to fit the 007P backwards in order to get the engine cover to fit. The DV sits a bit higher than usual as it's connected to a Forge silicon turbo inlet pipe. Fitting it backwards adds a loud metallic *clang* to the DV echo from the induction kit. It's a bizarre set of noises that draws a bit too much attention really.

Was taken out in an Evo 8 a little while back and was taken back by how capable the car was.

I've said it before that when I drove the Impreza WRX STI at my Ferarri day, I was more impressed by that than the Ferarri F355! It just blew me away in terms of its pace, levels of grip whilst still retaining a large element of practicality.

I'd seriously consider an Impreza Estate one day - all that go and some space to chuck a few bikes or loads of luggage if you're going away!

If dump-valve noise is what you're after then fit an induction kit with a 007P. The DV noise I get through the Carbonio intake makes a statement! It's so loud, in fact, it's verging on a bit chavvy. It doesn't help that I had to fit the 007P backwards in order to get the engine cover to fit. The DV sits a bit higher than usual as it's connected to a Forge silicon turbo inlet pipe. Fitting it backwards adds a loud metallic *clang* to the DV echo from the induction kit. It's a bizarre set of noises that draws a bit too much attention really.

Is it worth getting a TIP? Have heard very mixed reviews, but it would fit in with my other 'mild mods'.

Was taken out in an Evo 8 a little while back and was taken back by how capable the car was.

I've said it before that when I drove the Impreza WRX STI at my Ferarri day, I was more impressed by that than the Ferarri F355! It just blew me away in terms of its pace, levels of grip whilst still retaining a large element of practicality.

I'd seriously consider an Impreza Estate one day - all that go and some space to chuck a few bikes or loads of luggage if you're going away!

We considered a WRX estate before we got the vRS- it was great, but we felt it wasn't quite big enough. Evos and Scoobs are fantastic machines. So capable- I remember my cousin (who has a Carrera 4) saying a while ago that the only car that had given her bother was an Impreza STi.

Well, after a test drive, inspection of car and paperwork, the guy loved it, went off to get his money... and his old man talked him out of it! Unbelievable! :mad2:

We considered a WRX estate before we got the vRS- it was great, but we felt it wasn't quite big enough. Evos and Scoobs are fantastic machines. So capable- I remember my cousin (who has a Carrera 4) saying a while ago that the only car that had given her bother was an Impreza STi.

They're supposed to be a lot quicker point to point on british roads than "super cars".

Well, after a test drive, inspection of car and paperwork, the guy loved it, went off to get his money... and his old man talked him out of it! Unbelievable! :mad2:

Oh cock. I'd be fuming.

Wasn't happy, I can tell ya! They were gone for quite a while, and it all looked a bit heated. Nevermind!

Wasn't happy, I can tell ya! They were gone for quite a while, and it all looked a bit heated. Nevermind!

Make sure ya never have to talk Dan out of a car :wink: Bad enough talking mine out of the most garish trainers :)

Sure you'll sell it quick enough.

Just found the ad on PH Andy - its so much car for less than 3k... really cracking!

Blimey Andy, not another change around. Focus handles really well even in standard form had a hire car for a week at work and it was great fun, nice and comfy but went round corners too.

The vRS is definately the way forward for you though. I still can't believe just how good our Golf 20vt is on fuel if you take it steady, it'll return 40ish MPG on a run and 35 pretty easy around town, cheap insurance, reliable (apart from the central locking which has a mind of it's own :) ). Nicks LC Octavia is about the same if not better on fuel, mainly due to the aero dynamics of the boot I suspect. Great cars.

Guess you have to really live with a car to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages. Be a shame to see the lude go, fun car 8)

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers, chaps :) Yeh Jim, it is a lot of car for the money. Guess I could ask for a bit more, but it's defo a buyer's market at the mo, especially with performance cars. Also got an Ebay classified ad on the go. Can't believe Autotrader is now £20 for 2 weeks (website only)! :shock:

Yep, Dave, the vRS is defo the way forward. As you say, the MPG can be very good- got 39mpg the other day on the way to Cirencester, and get 35 ish on the way to work. The VR and the Lude both got 27 ish on the same journey :?

Vaughan, I think the prob was that it was gonna be on the Dad's insurance and in his name. Got the impression it was not the kind of car he wanted his son buying, especially under those circumstances :(

I also forgot to mention that the vRS will be loads of fun with a remap! Down the 1/4 mile Nicks Revoed LC stomped all over my standard VR :? Part of the reason I went turbo!

The 20vt engine has a nice balance, small enough capacity that it's not mega thirsty off boost, but performs well on boost. :D

The vRS went in for it's first ever MOT today... and passed with flying colours 8)

Fast Idle:

CO- 0.01%

HC- 8ppm

Natural Idle:

CO- 0.01%

Knew it would pass, but it's always a relief. I've never seen emissions figures that low before. Then again, most of my previous cars have been old :lol:

Sounds like it's been babied if the emissions are that low, no doubt you'll blow the cobwebs out soon! 8)

Awesome news buddy, glad you're back in the VAG stable* :clap:

*before all THAT starts again, I liked the Prelude :salute:

Sounds like it's been babied if the emissions are that low, no doubt you'll blow the cobwebs out soon! 8)

Awesome news buddy, glad you're back in the VAG stable* :clap:

*before all THAT starts again, I liked the Prelude :salute:

stir monkey.

:)

:) Cheers, Manky Monkey :lol: I've always driven it quite hard, but Rach is/was the primary user, and she 'pootles' :lol:

I'm enjoying driving the vRS- it's crying out for a remap though! (see Dave's post on the previous page ;) )

:) Cheers, Manky Monkey :lol: I've always driven it quite hard, but Rach is/was the primary user, and she 'pootles' :lol:

I'm enjoying driving the vRS- it's crying out for a remap though! (see Dave's post on the previous page ;) )

You just can't beat a good 'pootle', top marks to Rach :D

Trip to Jabbasport then Andy? Custom remap? or going for generic?

Is it worth getting a TIP? Have heard very mixed reviews, but it would fit in with my other 'mild mods'.

Must have missed this question...

I would say yes, it's worth it. I see from your signature that you're planning a stage two remap. There's probably not a great deal of point on going for a stage two over a stage one unless you're planning on fitting a less-restrictive TIP and exhaust. I'm not exactly sure what the differences in mapping are between the two, but I imagine it's ultimately more boost. With a stage two map you're looking to increase the boost from around 9psi to over 20psi - my Leon peaks at around 22psi. That's a lot of extra air you need to get in and out. Changing the TIP and exhaust makes the engine feel so much more responsive.

That said, there are people on seatcupra.net claiming big numbers with remaps on standard cars. I can only speak from my own experience.

Ooh low numbers :shock:

That translates to an easy life does it? I've given mine a lot, lot more stick since I got the BMC CDA on and numbers have dropped so not entirely convinced by that :? Although I do a lot of easy motorway miles where you can't get above 80 even if you wanted to.

Glad she got through - last thing you need right now is to be worrying about cars :wink:

You just can't beat a good 'pootle', top marks to Rach :D

Trip to Jabbasport then Andy? Custom remap? or going for generic?

Dave, was thinking of a remap from Performance Torque in Wolverhampton. They were doing an offer on Briskoda a while back for a Jetex catback, with mid silencer removed + stage 2 remap with before & after dyno runs, all for under £500. Thought this was an amazing price, and people seem well chuffed with their maps. Not too sure whether they're custom or off the shelf- will do some research. Not sure if the offer is still on either- will have to find out.

Rach's idea of a 'pootle' is slightly different to yours! :lol: Any idea how to fit a boost gauge? Fancy giving me a hand sometime? :)

bcstudent- was only gonna go stage 2 if I could get the above deal with the exhaust. Otherwise, it prob wouldn't be worth it with the only other mods being BMC CDA and Forge DV. I've thought of maybe getting just the mid silencer taken out by the local Longlife centre. They did his on my last VR6. Did a good job + v. cheap :D Will have a look at TIPs, not sure if my budget will stretch though.

Glad she got through - last thing you need right now is to be worrying about cars :wink:

Cheers, Vaughan. Yeh, got more important things to worry about at the mo! ;)