Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

lowered storms?

has anyone got a storm and lowered it or got any pics of a lowered one?

i know most people think moding a storm is a big no no, but id like to see what a C looks like lowered on those bbs wheels.

Badges, wheels, maybe aircon and in the case of the mystics - paint code - that's it. There are rarer higher spec Corrados out there. Irony is that folk have kept the Storms so there will be fewer non-limited editions Dark Burgundy VRs for example than Mystics.

apart from the badges there is no difference between storms and any other late corrado ..... surely :?:

Badges and wheels, thats it unfortunately (apart from the Mystic Blue colour). It would have been better if VW had put something special in the Storms since they were limited editions etc etc, ah well.

It's on Konigsport Silverline-X

Yeah, it's got BBS caps. I think the Storm posters had 'em with VW caps, but they were actually sold with BBS caps :?

Yep, coilovers :)

They're actually really good, doesnt feel bone-jarring or anything. I guess if I lowered it to it's max (120mm I think???) then the ride would be unbearable :lol:

Some owners prefer to stick on VW caps to be true to the posters! :lol:

These wheels were on the MK3 Golf too, and they had VW caps IIRC

Firstly, just out of curiosity, are you really 86 ?

Secondly, how much were the coilies? And what about handling? Have you had a chance to compare them to other setups?

And no, I'm definitely NOT going to be lowering to 120mm, 40 at the most but your 50mm at the back seems to sit very nicely...

Heres mine on a set of H&R coliovers. Cant remember how much I lowered it by.

Firstly, just out of curiosity, are you really 86 ?

Secondly, how much were the coilies? And what about handling? Have you had a chance to compare them to other setups?

And no, I'm definitely NOT going to be lowering to 120mm, 40 at the most but your 50mm at the back seems to sit very nicely...

I'm 28 :wink:

Have only been able to compare it to the standard suspension, haven't been in anyone else's C. to find out what their ride is like

It handles really well - not much bodyroll when cornering at speed, but then again I can only compare it to the standard setup!

They cost be £560 including VAT & delivery last March, in a group buy on E38.

Dr Forinor, that first pic is good - submit it for the calendar

Fair enough, no harm in trying eh. Except I don't have a high quality pic of it, ah well.

What do think of this pic to submit for the calender though?

"That seems to be a "normal" VR6 with a Storm badge added onto it, they never came in that colour."

Never came in which colour Dr F? This one? Oh bugger & all this time I've been insuring it as a Storm- coulda saved myself a few quid :(

Badges, wheels, maybe aircon and in the case of the mystics - paint code - that's it. There are rarer higher spec Corrados out there. Irony is that folk have kept the Storms so there will be fewer non-limited editions Dark Burgundy VRs for example than Mystics.

and even less dark burgundy VRs with a 24v engine in ;) 8)

"That seems to be a "normal" VR6 with a Storm badge added onto it, they never came in that colour."

Never came in which colour Dr F? This one? Oh bugger & all this time I've been insuring it as a Storm- coulda saved myself a few quid :(

Feck, now THATS cool :) :lol: :lol: