Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

Hit a bank avoiding a car & bike!

Hi all just got to work after a worrying drive i was coming along a road about 10miles from work, travelling about 55mph when i see a car just pull out to overtake a scooter!

he's right on the middle over my side of the road and not moving so instead of hitting him all i could do was swerve into the grassy verge/mud bank i stopped straight after( he fuc*ed off)

i then checked car over and there was quite a bit of mud in the dishno damage that i could drove fine on rest of way too work took it easy thou!

but just wanted to check with you lot do you think any damage will of been made?

is there anything i should definately check!

THanks Andy

I did exactly the same thing just over a week ago, however my wheel got buckled. It looks like it's a combination of steering rack and hub.

Not quite sure how much they're going to cost but you could start by checking them??

is there anything i should definately check!

if anything is fecked then i`m sure you`ll see it andy, if you have any wheel damage then it may be prudent to get the steering alingment re checked and finally ............ check pants for brown stuff :) , nothing worse than walking about with pants that resemble the blast pad for thunderbird 2 :lol:

no didnt see number plate just know it was a blue renault espace!

hiya i was worried so just quicky too it up and down the road no pulling and wheel doesnt get buckled but will get it up on jack when get home tonight give it a spin and see what happens!

BAd news fella... I'd have spun it round and chased after him tbh! (Would have only shouted at them if I did catch them up though) :?

i did the same thing this time last year to my old grey G60, swerved to miss a taxi cutting me up. I know instinct says sweve but next time HIT THE F*CKER !! taxi driver drove off and i removed my breeding leg from between the knackered peddles!! Car was totaled even the copper said i should have hit the taxi instead. Hope your car is ok tho!!