Sign in to follow this  
heliosjim

Finting rear bearings into discs.

Changing my rear discs, (as well as every other brake component) for my MOT and ive just realised that ive never fitted a rear bearing into a disc before. :oops:

Is there a simple method of fitting at home or do i need to go to the local garage and grovel?

Just had a flick through my workshop manual and i cant find any reference to fitting them.

Any help keeping the cost of this MOT down will be much appreciated. :)

Yea you can do it yourself,

To be honests as long as you ensure they go in the correct way round, and you seat them and drive them in square (as in not at an angle) then they dont take long at all.

Make sure you dont overpack them with grease, thats the only other thing to note.

Just takes a bit of care and common sence, not worth paying someone to do in my opinion, should have them both done easily within a half hour.

I did mine the other week and found it really easy to do. Just make sure the socket is a good fit and keep checking everything is level!

quite easy arnt they mate , i think more people should try to do there own cars more often , well done :thumbleft:

Thing is, i do all my own work normally, but ive never fitted a bearing before! :o

mate the way to look at it is your moneys still in your pocket and not in a garage owners , now if you were doing front bearing thats a different story there not so easy , anyway as i said before well done :)