Sign in to follow this  
Madjackal

VSR Explained?

umm... don't know if this is gona be useful, but i was reccomended to slap on a super charger on my vr6... change spark plugs, get somethign decent, and u'll get more bhp, slap on a straight thru induction kit and bobs away...

You could try a set of plugs and always make sure you fill up with super unleaded, apart from that cheaply and VR6 tuning rarely occur in the same sentence I'm afraid :(

No Cheaply and Corrado rarely occur in the same sentance.. :lol:

You could try a set of plugs and always make sure you fill up with super unleaded, apart from that cheaply and VR6 tuning rarely occur in the same sentence I'm afraid :(

No Cheaply and Corrado rarely occur in the same sentance.. :lol:

Guess I was being a bit too specific there wasn't I :shock:

I think it's fair to say that adding the first 15bhp to a VR6 costs about £300-£400

The next step up to beyond 230bhp will broadly costs you another £2,500 - £4,500 regardless of whether you go forced induction or n/a tuning.

If you want to go past 300bhp then you're into £4,500 - £10,000 kinda money.

It's never cheap. If you want 350bhp cheapish, then dump the VR6 and go 1.8T instead. Personally I prefer the sounds of VR6 in the morning :)

350 from the 1.8T is not cheap though. You need a different manifold, different downpipe, bigger turbo, bigger injectors and a minimum of a really good remap, or standalone at best and if you're sensible, stronger rods and valves, so it's a full motor stripdown job.

The KKK04 can only sustant 280ish hp and then you're spinning it beyond the limits of it's compressor map....

A 2.0 block would get more out of the stock turbo, more area to fill.... but that's not cheap either.

You can bolt a T3/T4 onto a VR6 with some good code for around £3K and drive away with 400 at the crank @ 14.5psi.

So £5K for a good Corrado + the turbo is £8K using my extensive mathematics skills, and what other car for that money has 400hp?

None of them are cheap options!

Hmm, 400 bhp for £13K? How about a used Lotus Carlton? That's good for 550bhp with suitable tune ... :)