Sign in to follow this  
gradeAfailure

Having a crack at repairing my wing...

finish it, will be good experience and personally i cant wait to see how it turns out...

i did my bumper once and it turned out very well tbh considering i didnt do have the things u did and the smoothest paper i had was 800 grit, so be confident

Bit of an update!

Seeing as I'm off to Cornwall for the weekend, decided I was fed up of the primered, "work in progress" wing, so took the afternoon off and painted it...

This is after three coats of paint and two of lacquer...

meh, it's a bit windy here at the mo so it's got a few bits of dust in the clear, and now that it's painted it highlights the fact that it's not perfectly smooth...

do i prefer it to the primer - yes!

am i actually happy with it - well, no, not really, but hey...!

Looks good to me buddy! Can't be easy doing it out doors with this evenings breeze though :?

heheh, no, got a flying bug stuck in the last layer of paint but i think i managed to get rid of the marks with the w'n'd 1200grit before i did the clear...

cheers sciroccotune - no, never done any bodywork before at all...! sprayed the odd badge or grille, and a couple of sets of rear lights but that's it... tbh, it's got a new wing going on in a couple of weeks anyway - this was just an exercise in seeing if i could do it really...! :lol:

right, where's that beer...