Sign in to follow this  
J50DUB

water light

Hi

ive found a 2.0 16v whitch has a fault with it the bloke selling it says this

''The only problem that the car has is the water light on the dashboard flashes every now and again. The car does not over heat and the sender unit has been changed and tested.''

can someone tell me is this common what is likely too be wrong with the car ??

help a newbie please!!

if this is common and been asked before maybe someone can point me too the thread?

thankyou :)

is there oil (Mayo) colouring within the water expansion tank = head gasket.

Does the expansion tank look new, I had a new one from VAG and it had a fault on the sender which is inside to register flow of fulid, after having thesame fault on my original, got another and it fixed the fault

i have the same problem with my mk2 Golf 16v, its an intermitant fault that i can't work out how to fix (i haven't really tried yet though). my water is fine and i've changed the sensor in the top (old style) of the header tank, if anyone know how to fix it it would be great coz its really annoying lol.

I had my expansion tank changed about 3 times by VW as kept getting the light flashing. Apparently it turned out it was c**p in my old radiator that kept getting stirred up and knackering the sensor in the expansion tank. In the end I had a new radiator fitted, plus a head gasket along the way - which I'll never really know if I needed or not - or whether it was just that bl**dy sensor playing up that made the dealer say the head gasket had gone! I've certainly learnt my lesson and will never take my C back to a dealer!

I have narrowed it down to the VDU, i think that the circuit has broken as i ahve changed the sender unit, the expansion tank, electricaly tested the sender and had the whole VDU out and i belive that its that. It does not overheat and the fan and cooling system is in order. In addition, the temperature guage does not work and think this has something to do with VDU circuit board. But if you are genuinely interested i am sure we can come to some sort of arrangment.

just got this off of him what do you think does it sound genuine!?!

Depends how much you are paying for it dude and what the age and condition of the motor is generally like.

If you are new to Corrados the last thing you want to do is get one that will p*** you off from day 1 unless it is a bargain - trust me I know.

i've had my current C for over 18months and the water light has been flashing since the day i bought it.....

have changed expansion tank 3 times, had major engine wrks done on several occasions and i know everything is now in tip top condition so i've learnt to ignore it! (not ideal, but now i'd be more worried if it stopped!!! :) )