Sign in to follow this  
scarlett

Drove a charged VR today.....

wow, Wow WOW.....

handed over the keys of my lovely valver to Jim today.... was, obviously rather miffed to see her go and feeling a little disillusioned...

So, Nikki, M15 VW gave me the keys of her newly supercharged VR for the journey home.... blooooooooooooooooooooody hell....

I have never been so exhilerated driving in a car in my life!!! its amazing!!! and its not even on full boost or remapped yet.... at 4k all hell breaks loose, and at 5.5k i was praying we wouldnt run out of road....

for all of you who are thinking about it - do it, do it, do it....! even if it means selling an organ/limb/child.....

I want one now..... :)

Awesome eh? I'd love to see a video of the dash of a charged vr going full welly (Anyone care to do one? :-P)

A charged vr is something I definately want to do . Does she know what bhp she's putting out yet?

well... we did get a video of it on the way home... :) not at full welly but certainly giving it some... its raaaaather cool... plus the car looks fab...!

Nice innit! Glad I managed to get past the 'shall I, shan't I' phase that I always experience!

Definitely a recommended mod for the money!

Problem now is that, because I'm used to the top-end power, it feels slow up to about 3.5k revs. Familiarity breeds contempt I guess!

im confident its putting out in the region of 250bhp, unsure of torque figures but think its only running between 6.5 and 7.5psi of boost. Got a few teething problems we need to sort out first mainly in the breathing dept but at the end of the day it does as it says on the tin.......its a supercharged corrado vr6.

we're doing things a bit differently and no doulbt we're going to get critisiced on reliablity etc etc. For a start its a Z-engineering stage one....not a vortech... Main reason being we're not running through a mapped set of chips, but purely through an uprated fuel pressure reg. No wide band....i say again no wide band. But it does the job. Later we will get it mapped by Wayne at chipwizards, he is in my opinion a god in the mapping world for jobs that ive given hes never let me down or the friends cars hes mapped or the gt3 cup cars he maps.

Bottom line its not going to go bang.

Anyhoo....i need therapy now as my missus officaly has a faster car then me....my only hope for me to keep any vain amount of masculinity is that ive got a mahoosive willy........oh feck...guess id better get myself a turbo.

Ah but that sluggishness up to 3.5k will ultimately make 3.5k upwards seem even faster though mate.

You can't experience anything properly without a comparison if you see what i'm waffling about :)

Awesome eh? I'd love to see a video of the dash of a charged vr going full welly (Anyone care to do one? :-P)

A charged vr is something I definately want to do . Does she know what bhp she's putting out yet?

its in progress with mine.... will hope to post it soon :)

thats it i now know what i need.........a charged vr....its all become clear......

anyone have any ideas how much i'd payin to get an already charged vr?

There was a left hand drive one around about 6 months ago for 3k mate!!!!

Pretty rare to see an already charged vr for sale though. 5k???? As with all mods you spend 3k and its only worth 1k or so more.

do it yourself......you know whats been done then, if you get any probs you\know where to look.

Just\my two pennith....

Gav

scarlett, did look like she was enjoying herself a little too much as well as crapping herself at the same time :lol:

Just wanted to cheer her up :D

Gav have you got fat fingers? :lol:

Chris

yes mate and a dyslexic keyboard :lol: :lol:

Gav