Sign in to follow this  
matt_corradovr6

more power

my vr currently has 194 bhp but after a ride in a mtes 400+bhp tvr i want some more ponies myself.

for about 500 quid what can i have done to get some more power. the engine revs really well and i think this is down to the bigger bore xzorst.

just want some ideas of what to do next? :twisted:

how much is an egine rebuld roughly, 2k?? i've been havin this debate with my dad bout what to buy. he was spouting bout gettin a new r32 but the one at vw was 30k. am laeaning towards throwing cash at the rado and making it a minter. what sort of budget would u think for an engine rebuild with a flowed head, sports cat and cams?? would love to charge in the end but sensible head thiks make the engine bombproof b4 anything else.

I got brand new cams from America,re profiled tb from Germany + port matched inlet mani for around £500. I did fit these myself though ,and Im not sure of how much power Ive gained with out RR session. I will be taking it to Santa on the 9th of July to see what Ive knocked off my 1/4 mile!

I do however need to get it remapped at stealth which is going to set me back 300ish pounds! Probably going for a high flow cat ,six branch mani and full ss exhaust at a later date. Also thinking about lightened drive pulleys and fly wheel. The R32 is a great idea if youve got the money.Id like to see mine with one in a few years with a twin turbos !! :shock:

Good luck with what ever you decide mate and keep us posted ! :)