Sign in to follow this  
TIMMYVR

VR Running hot

Hello everyone not sure if this has been covered recently, but i have an N reg VR6. it warms up and water temperature gradually rises to 110 on the gauge and it stays there, doesnt go up or down. have changed the sensor on the front of the block and repaired one of the wires which was broken, but no better. I know the engine cant relly be that hot as i took the expansion tank cap off and it didnt boil over. my old Vr6 used to sit in the middle of the temperature range, and so does my mates. Any ideas on why its doin this? thanks again everyone for all your help. timmy

I think it's the yellow sender on the thermostat manifold( there are 3 together) and this works the dash temp needle IIRC amongst other things, see if you can swap it with someone elses VR sender to eliminate it, just a process of elimination really.

Chris

85-90 deg on a cruise for the water and less than 100 for the oil.

Fan 1 should kick in at 90 deg in traffic, fan 2 at 105 deg and fan 3 at 120 deg.

85-90 deg on a cruise for the water and less than 100 for the oil.

Fan 1 should kick in at 90 deg in traffic, fan 2 at 105 deg and fan 3 at 120 deg.

And you've still got a girlfriend strayfire??? lol :)

Unbelievably yes! She gives me a free reign on the car ;-)

Put it this way, she didn't notice my new wheels, the brakes or my new head unit, so if she's none the wiser, then I'm quids in :-)

I only know the fan settings cause I had no speeds 1 and 2 for 3 years, LOL!

I feel the need to check when the fans cut in. What sort of oil/water temps would you expect with moderate driving on a warm day (not raggin it, just "making good progress") :-D

Oil temps on a motorway cruise on a *standard* Corrado VR6 are usually nearer 110-114 degrees in the UK. In hot weather you'll rarely see less than 100 degrees on the oil.