Sign in to follow this  
KarmannVR6

TDI engine conversion

Hi folks,

Looking for a new project. Not really corrado related but VW related at any rate.

Trying to get my hands on a TDI engine, code AHU found in mk3 golfs. 90bhp. I'm told that the 110bhp TDI engine found in Mk4's is also an AHU engine, maybe someone can confirm this?

Anyway being summer and all i've bought a mk3 golf cab. I want to get shot of the 1.8 in there and put in a diesel engine. Will the diesel fit on the same mounts? Other than the engine, clocks, ecu and gearbox what else am i gonna need? And will the mk4 AHU engine (if there is such a thing) fit?

Cheers.

Trying to get my hands on a TDI engine, code AHU found in mk3 golfs. 90bhp. I'm told that the 110bhp TDI engine found in Mk4's is also an AHU engine, maybe someone can confirm this?

AHU is 90bhp but the 110bhp will have a different engine code.

Possible 110bhp TDI engines:

AFN 1996-1999

AHF 1997-?

ASV 2000-?

AVG 1999-2000

Yup, i reckon it will be pretty noisey but really liking diesels at the moment. Love the fat torque and good mpg. Anyway i hope the noise of the wind and the stereo will drown it out!

My borthers using the car down in Oxford so i haven't got the engine code to hand, but it's the crummy 1.8 8v petrol (75 bhp i think) found in some mk3's. Does anyone know if the AHU engine will fit on the same mounts?

Also, would one of the mk4 deisel engines fit?

If you want to do a TDI G3 Cab, then I would use a Golf 3 engine for simplicity as it bolts straight in with a few exceptions such as the Cab only side engine/box mounts, so as far as UK market cars go, a 1Z or AHU. It is a pity the AFN 110PS Golf 3 was never sold in the UK. What year is the Cab as this dictates how you deal with the factory fitted immobiliser used on the Golf 3 95 onwards.