Sign in to follow this  
herisites

Im new and want some info please

Hi,

I am new to the site, i dont have a rado yet but am hoping to get one within the next few months. I wanted to find out what size speakers they have as i have upgraded speakers in my current car and if they are same sizes etc i would keep them. If you could let me know that would be great.

Thanks,

Rob H.

Hello and welcome!

6x4's in the back and 13cm (I think) ones in the doors with tweeters in the dash...

Audioscape make some nice door pods if you want to put some decent speakers up front!

I think the dash ones are 10 cm.

Don't think you'll find they are.

They are 5.25" or 13.5cm in the doors. Then I think you'll find they are 1" tweeters in the dash however they are supported in a plastic mounting bracket!

I think the dash ones are 10 cm.

Don't think you'll find they are.

They are 5.25" or 13.5cm in the doors. Then I think you'll find they are 1" tweeters in the dash however they are supported in a plastic mounting bracket!

Sorry Blue_Joe, I should be hung, drawn and quartered for not knowing my C inside out!

My brother has a mk2 G and bought 10cm JBL speakers for his dash, they come with adapter plates that unbolt to allow them to go in various dashes. The box says 10cm and I presumed that the C's would be the same.

Yeah, the plastic mounting bracked is about 10cm across, so you could probably get a 10cm speaker in there. The hole isn't very deep though.

Thanks guys for all your help, im glad they are 13cm door speakers as they are the size i have at the min so i will be keeping my speakers :D i will need to get some rears though as i have 6x9's in mine at the mo but they will need to go with the car due to the gaping hole in the parcel shelf! lol. Thanks again.

herisites, welcome

dont cut your (soon to be ) rado shelf for 6x9`s, it`ll be hard to replace and not worth it sound wise really....

just get some good comps upfront and a sub and amp... you`ll be fine

Yeah i agree mate, i wasnt going to cut the shelf, thats what i have done in my current car but like i said the 6x9's will be sold with the car. I will just use my current comps and tweeters up front, upgrade the rear speakers and use my current sub and amp to power it all. Cheers for your advice and the welcome, everyone seems so nice on this forum :)

everyone seems so nice on this forum

ah feck off will you? :lol:

I got 6x9's in mine, and they do sound very decent. However, I'd rather make a custom shelf for them than cutting holes in an original shelf :)

welcome to the forum, mate, look forward to the pleasures of corrado ownership.

I have 2 shelves with speaker holes already cut... Don't cut a non-cut parcel shelf... just ask on here and buy one that's already cut... ;)

I have 2 shelves with speaker holes already cut... Don't cut a non-cut parcel shelf... just ask on here and buy one that's already cut... ;)

deffo get an acoustic shelf, apart from the sacralidge of cutting an original parcel shelf if you get a decent set of 6x9s with good size magnets on their arses you will end up with a parcel shelf that looks more like a hammock!

Also they might not sound as good either!

:)