Sign in to follow this  
CazzaVR

Both windows are scratching on the outside!

The windows have started making a scraping noise when used. Discovered today that they are both scratching. The scratches are vertical and are on the bottom half of the glass.

Any ideas?

Cheers

If you enter:

scratch* AND window*

you will also get threads with the words scratched, scratches, windows etc.

Phil K, it's fine saying 'use the search' but a lot of people don't get the results they need and to support that i get frustrated with it and i use it plenty and i know what boulian expressions are, thanks Tom, the 'use the search' prod sometimes needs a little more support in the right direction, well done.

Education is power, people will learn if there is someone to teach them :wink:

Chris

Thanks for your input! - I posted a link to a thread that answers his questions found using the words 'scratched window'

It's not a black art...

Thanks Phil K andVR6.

Chris VR6nos, agree with ya mate- search is usually fantastic, but can also be a tad frustrating sometimes.

I think even if things have been covered before, if someone knows the solution to a prob, it's much quicker/easier for them to write a quick post, rather than someone trawling through hundreds of threads in the search.

seeing as the problem seems to be the metal strip in the window seal on the bottom of the window cutout, can we still get new seals for this problem??

DSCF3072mod.jpg

Might be worth buying up the remaining stocks because if your car ever needs a respray, the body shop will struggle to get all these seals aswell!

To fit the new seal, you have to remove the door card and inner seal. Then you can get your fingers in the gap and press the weather seal in properly.

I have the same problem.

I take it that that you mean the window seal that sits on top of the door panel on the outside? If so i have removed this and on inspection there does not seem to be any metal showing through. The fealt is all still nice and smooth. Could it be something inside the door?