Sign in to follow this  
Tekara

Koni TA fitment issues

Hi All

Just got hold of a 2nd hand set of Koni TA's, been attempting to fit them and have run into issues at the first hurdle. While trying to fit the rears i found that the standard suspension nuts and washers/covers have a smaller diameter to the ones needed for the Koni's. I’ve attached a diagram of the parts, listed on the left side

Are Koni kits meant to include their own parts ? Do I do away with any of those while fitting ?

In high-insight i should have checked before i opened the tool box, any help would be most appreciated

Whatho chap. Is that Nick's old set up by any chance LOL

The top threaded part of the Koni shock has a slightly larger diameter than the oe one. Just drill out the fittings to the req size (can't recall exactly but about 12mm I think) and fit as normal

HTH

Thanks Chris, i couldn't possibly comment on the sellers identity at this point :lol:

Just borrowed some measuring gauges and you're dead right, 12mm 1.25 pitch nuts required. Wonder if anywhere will have them thats open on Sundays.

have spares, sorry Ross, wife was ill and i had to mind the little one instead of polishing the car and answer my phone to you, gutted!

got a brand new shiney set ill pass on to you first thing before we head for bristol. Sciroccotune, i am pretty sure i have enough to do 2 rear setups, will pm you either way first thing and if i have ill post them on if it helps?

got a brand new shiney set ill pass on to you first thing before we head for bristol. Sciroccotune, i am pretty sure i have enough to do 2 rear setups, will pm you either way first thing and if i have ill post them on if it helps?

:-D

Ross,

sorry mate I missed the fact that you only had the oe size nuts but saw Nick yesterday so know you have the right ones now. Is it all fitted OK now?

Fitting the front konis, should the spring top plates be hard against the piston shaft? If so, how do you then adjust the damping from the top? Pics of a current setup would be great.