ardandy

Door Sill Options

Getting this sorted on 26th when it goes into bodyshop.

With the plastic corrado sill guards looking tired and worn, I was wondering what my options were?

Can you still buy these from VW? (not a fan of the silver ones personally).

Has anyone ever removed theres?

Ah decisions decisions!

i might be wrong but those silver ones you can buy on ebay only cover the part where theres paint. would like to find out if im wrong though.

they are £25 a side from vag. imho looks odd without them i have stainles ones that replace that part the ones you usually see as cymru-corrado, says just cover the thin painted part and look very cheap.

Are these original sills exclusive to a particular model of Corrado?-mine just has beige plastic strips.The scripted ones look really good,way better than the metal type that are on ebay.

ah stop whining, you got black leather electric recaros :lol:

I read somewhere the Corrado sill guard came around 91 and was abandoned sometime late 92. Or somewhere around those numbers, take and give a few years each side ;)

I've just had the same work done to my valver, the £25 a side VAG replacements *didn't* have the corrado script but I can live without that.

Once you've got the work done, look at the door protection film that halfords sell, ventureshield is the trade name for this. I've put this on mine on the exposed strip of bodywork that the sill protector does not cover.

neil

94 flash red 16v

Ok, spoke to VW and got a price for these sills.

£23 each they are, with or without the Corrado writing.

I got the brushed ally ones from the GB on here, really like them.

old ones just pull off, mine stayed in one piee, and was just a case of cleaning up the small amount of glue and crap that had made its way under them.

I asked a local VW dealer, and they couldn't get them anymore. As many Corrado drivers are repainting their cars, maybe this is a part to refabricate? Classic Parts? Anyone?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Nice, Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't see that they list anything Corrado.

I also tried typing in the Etka part number and/or combo's, but with nil result.

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Think the distribution of these was rather random. Have had a 1996 N reg VR6 & my current 1995 Storm, both have the earlier ones. All the other late cars I've had have had the later scripted ones though. Think it was just a case of what they had left on the shelf.

Nice, Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't see that they list anything Corrado.

I also tried typing in the Etka part number and/or combo's, but with nil result.

Redfox.

Best bet is to ring them,and give them the part numbers, I found them very helpful