mrbeige

JSB Racing Shiftlight kit - Pre-order for next batch

Right guys,

Please see our custom shift light system that can be integrated into standard cluster. These are available for DIY fitment or we also offer a fitting service where it is integrated into your cluster - no need to cut wires or anything!

They are fully programmable, via a single dash mounted push button.

DIY - £67.50 inc P+P

Fitted - £95 inc P+P

If you would like one, just send me a PM and I'll sort it out!

Interested and confirmed/deposited Parties :salute:

=============================================

Toad - confirmed - deposit paid

fendervg - confirmed

V-Dubstar - confirmed

grey16 - confirmed

dragon green - confirmed

Others.... :wave:

banan0r

kjperry

The Hub

ukshadow06

sparkz

dutchboy

millerman

Shift_light_kit.jpg

DSC01699-1.jpg

Quick Video....

th_shify.jpg

Quick video....in a mk3

th_V100909_1717.jpg

Sounds interesting but if you've ever used a shift light, they need to be quite bright or a large illuminated area to catch your eye when they are needed.

Let's see some pics when you have them.

Chris

how about a semi-transparent face for the rev counter (smoked black style) with a number of bright lights behind it. when not in use it'd look reasonably normal, but when lit it'd give that large lit area chris is talking about.

Failing that, how about rigging up an air horn to trigger when a gear change is needed, you'd not miss that...

Does sound cool - will you set the peak time to change gear {as all cars are a little different} or will it be adjustable? could the indicator be on the end of a lenght of wire so's able to mount any where {within reson} on the dash or colum? I'd be up for it after you've tried and tested and can show pic's :thumb right:

Does sound cool - will you set the peak time to change gear {as all cars are a little different} or will it be adjustable? could the indicator be on the end of a lenght of wire so's able to mount any where {within reson} on the dash or colum? I'd be up for it after you've tried and tested and can show pic's :thumb right:

You'd be able to set it to whatever RPM you wanted, it wouldn't be fixed.

Sounds interesting but if you've ever used a shift light, they need to be quite bright or a large illuminated area to catch your eye when they are needed.

So bright lights would be a must then?

if the light is gonna be bright it`d be a good idea to make it switchable on/off for when your not in race mode 8)

any ideas as to what sort of price? may be interested if its just going to use the empty slots in the clocks

I might be interested in this too... would be nice to have lights coming on that didn't mean large repair bills ahead for a change :lol:

I googled for a couple of pics, this one might show it to be a bit too bright and distracting but still

shiftlight.jpg

Below, this is the brightness of the one i use in the Skyline

shift6.jpg

Here is a nice little Razo unit from Japan that works effectively

RAZO_SHIFT_LIGHT-12.jpg

Hereis a link to show you more about this including fitting explanations, not too hard and works well and is fully adjustable to revs you want and amount of cylinders you have.

Thoughts?

Chris

On off switch needed as don't want to worry the misses anymore than she is already {lights flashing all over the dash- the past couple of days bills/bills/bills}

my thought was to have it come down out of the top of the binnacle that the clocks sit into, the actual plastic piece and not the clocks

that way it can be nice and bright and will illuminate the clocks when you hit the limiter.

BLue LED's are brighter too, its just the way i am doing it, so if anyone has it done i wouldnt mind seeing some pics :lol:

Be interesting to follow your progress but not sure if blue is the colour!

Eyes are most reactuve to amber and red is a narrow shoft in the spectrum from it so is very receptive unlike blue, that's all bull really but red is the real colour for a shift light.

Get on with it then and show us what you do.

Chris

Will be searching for the rpm signal in the Corrado wiring loom this week, then should crack on quite swiftly with it.

On/off switch definately a must, as it could be very irritating if not always required

As far as costing is concerned, most shift lights are around £100, so how would £40 - 50 sound??

Yeah but to be fair it's only going to come on at top revs and the revs will only be up there when you'd need a shift light, not a prob if not switched really is it ladies?

Chris

have to agree with chris on the switched or not option

I will all goign to plan have one rigged up in the next few weeks, i intend trying a few different couours, i know what your saying about red

Could give it a full testing at castle combe JULY 29th, if your game I've herd the word that a fair few of us will be attending 8)

Could give it a full testing at castle combe JULY 29th, if your game I've herd the word that a fair few of us will be attending 8)

Well that's a challenge then! I'll see what I can do!