Sign in to follow this  
TomD

Scorpian Alarm 'Full Closure'....well almost

Hi guys!

My 91 G60 has a Scorpian Alarm fitted, and today I alarmed it with the windows open, and I think it must have full closure (well, the windows) because the passenger window tried to shut. It closed about 2 inches, then stopped, then the car beeped.

So I disarmed it, then re-armed, and it went up another 2 inches. I did this about 10 times (must have annoyed the neighbours!) and eventually both windows were closed.

Now, going on the fact that in an ideal world when I press the button, the passenger window should slide up to closed, then the drivers side follows suit, is there anything that might be causing it to not go all the way up?

Its almost like the alarm is confusing itself and sensing the power going to the window switches, and stopping it.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers,

Tom

your timing pulse from the alarm needs setting up properly so that it holds the pulse long enough for the windows to close fully (around 25 seconds IIRC)

You need to find the model number of the alarm and get hold of some setup instructions to get it to do the correct length pulse... ;)

hmmm

related qusetion - My full closure does the windows but not the sunroof.

Is there a way of connecting the sunroof up to it too?

hmmm

related qusetion - My full closure does the windows but not the sunroof.

Is there a way of connecting the sunroof up to it too?

depends on year of car. older cars will not close the roof.

Thanks very much for your help! I'll look into it!

On your question, the later style sunroofs are set up to take full closure, early ones are not.

However, you can buy kits (I know laserline do them, have seen a few on ebay) which you can wire into the alarm and sunroof wiring that will let it close the sunroof too I think!

Cheers Again, you're a very knowledgeable lot! :)

Does anyone know where I can get hold of how to adjust it....an instruction manual etc???

Seems to be that Scorpion have gone belly up....anyone confirm this?

Need to find that model number...is it likely its stamped on the 'brain' thing, and is it likely that that'll be somewhere under the dash/centre console?

Soo many questions, still feeling like a n0000000b when it comes to corrados! :oops:

Tom you can check get the windows to close on the C by holding the key in the locking position, if you time this it will give you a rough idea of how long to pulse for.

I think the sequence is passenger window, then drivers. I think it was post facelift models that had the sunroof close as well.

Quick kind of related question - do late sunroofs open and close with one touch (like windows - just touch button once and roof goes all the way open or close)??

If so - does anyone know what is different on the later models - I'm guessing the motor and controls in the headlining - is there anything elsewhere in a late car which has anything to do with the sunroof full closure and one touch open (if they actually do this)??

Long winded but thanks in advance,

Chris.

Quick kind of related question - do late sunroofs open and close with one touch (like windows - just touch button once and roof goes all the way open or close)??

My windows open with one touch but not my sunroof.

depends on year of car. older cars will not close the roof.

HMMM when using the key to do full closure everything shuts on mine - windows then sunroof.

Using the alarm fob just the windows close, not the sunroof.

(1993 L reg coilpack VR6)

was8v, in that case, the timing of the closure pulse isn't long enough to trigger the sunroof closure...

Soooooooooooooo - to give an early rado the sunroof closure - is it just the motor and switch assy?

I guess the question is where is the electronics that control the closure?

Are the actual mechanics of the sunroof any different on early and late? (I think not...)

Thanks in advance,

Chris.

electronics for the closure circuitry lie centrally within the car.

Changing the switch / motor won't do a thing for you.

Hmmm - according to wiring diagrams for a '94 Corrado (USA I'm guessing), there's only the switch and the control module, which is attached to the motor. The control module has a feed from the door locks so that would trigger the closure...

Can anyone confirm that this is the case on UK cars?

Thanks,

Chris.

was8v, in that case, the timing of the closure pulse isn't long enough to trigger the sunroof closure...

Nah surely not?

When using the key to effect closure, the passenger window goes up then the drivers, with the sunroof closing *at the same time as the windows* so everything is closed at the same instant.

When using the alarm fob, just the windows close, no atempt is made by the sunroof!

oh.... I thought they did it sequentially... :oops:

Live and learn, thanks for that... 8)

That would go along with my theory that the electronics for the closure of the sunroof are with the motor and switch, not somewhere else in the car as yalan suggested.

I live to be proved wrong though...

Chris.

mine does the same , i would like to fix this to may me a 2nd box of eletroincs will be the way to go, with a ajutable timer on it so it gets a triger from the car

Deluk