Sign in to follow this  
raddosj

wheel arch work

9108.jpg

is this tool any good to roll ur arches ?

has anyone used one of these was going to buy and do it myself as handy to have ...

They're quite easy to make using a standard VW jack and a skateboard wheel...

Haven't used one myself and I'm sure it's all about taking your time with this kind of thing - top tip is to use a heat gun to soften the paint as you go! Some people have still experienced cracking even with this though :?

PM gradeAfailure on here - he was planning to make one and IIRC he has some diagrams etc for doing this...

raddosj , rather than flood gradeAfailure's with pm's. if you get a hold of the diagrams can you please forward them on to me please

thanks

think RSR Wheels do arch rolling at £25 per wheel but most places do them from £30 - £40 per wheel and their likely to be quite experienced at not cracking the paint.

i borrowed g-werks tool which is the same as that one in tha pic it was a pain getting it in the right position to start off but obviously stayed in that position for the rest of the car. i used a heat gun and got no cracking. the home made ones are just as good though ive seen one a guy on edition supplys the plans can remember who but he has a rallye in his sig pic!