Sign in to follow this  
bigbluec

Empty header tank

Hi Guys jumped in my 94 Vr this afternoon only to have the coolant warning flashing at me, so i stopped the engine to check and sure enough the header tank was pretty much empty.

Since ive owned the car ive done a coolant flush and its been fine not using any water etc... there's no oil in the header and no water in the oil

so i refilled it and bled it. its running perfectly and temps are all sensible all hoses hot etc.

With the wet weather this weekend its impossible to tell if there is a leak so any ideas? water pump? main/aux or something much worse? :cry:

Check the hose that goes from the back of the cylinder head to the heater matrix, down near the head. That's the first hose to die on a VR, and because of the location, it's hard to spot - it's under the HT lead guide panels.

I had a slow leak and when I removed the thermo housing yesterday noticed the rubber seal behind where it connects to the head had cracked!

Dutch