Sign in to follow this  
slats

My first finished install

Well here is my first attempt at a full install on my VR and I am very happy. The sub box needs a little more work to get the seal tighter but I know the problem and a bit of sealent will do the trick :)

Pic one and two - The outside of my VR (sexy)

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

Pic three, four and five show the inside and my lovely Audioscape pods (tweets in the standard dash mounts)

inside.jpg

pods.jpg

pod2.jpg

Pic six, seven, and eight are the boot install

boot.jpg

sub.jpg

amp.jpg

And last pic nine is of the rear of the amp rack which has the sub amp and all the wires!!

hidden.jpg

It took 3 weekends to finish the sub box and in making it I managed to cut my thumb and get 5 stitches in it as fiberglass is not easy to cut with a stanley blade!!!!!!!!!

:roll:

Welcome mate, I'm absolutely loving your interior :)

That install is nice and flush too, can see a lot of hard work gone into that :)

Has been reconnolised to make it nice and new looking!! Worth the money and also got the worn panels replaced on the drivers seat. shame I have made it all messy by driving it!!

welcome mate

damn is your car made out of mirrors or something?!?!?! 8)

and damn, I want biege leather!!!

nice install mate, I gotta get mine done a similar way, if you have any pointers PM me :)

MDF and fiberglass!!

Was a lot of work on the box and next time I may just buy one but it was fun building it. I got help on the box from a friend who does it a lot. As for the shapes of the front and the amp rack I have lots of bits of MDF now that nearly fit!!

Looks good and like it's been a lot of hard work! Looks like the amp is mounted upside down though :?

Very nice mate. The pods look great too - well worth the cash imo.

Not too shy with the kit either! Focal subs are lovely! :D

What are those pods? they are rude ............. can i survive with one kidney ? does anyone need one, going for good money if intrested PM me - hee hee

did audioscape do the trim for ther pods as your car's interior is the same colour as mine and I want some of those for mine. I am also after a stealth shelf coloured to match the interior, if I find one I will let you know

Oh yeah foggy did you sort that shelf out in the end ?? any news on a day at the air field?? :salute:

no joy with the shelf as they havent got back to me yet :( I am off work till the end of August (Summer leave, just like the kids at school :-) ) I will find out when I go back :-)

Foggy you lucky little bugger - do you sit outside on dayz like these drinking beer while the rest of us go to work, hee hee hee

Slats after seeing your sub box i was inspired and built mine... see pic below still needs finishing off but was wondering how thick the fibreglass was on yours and how you actually sealed it to the mdf front?

cheers

well yesterday I fitted my tomtom in the car, washed it and took a few photo's, hopefully sorting out the alloys in the next few days :-)

Click click - pic pic ................................................................post them up then bruva - as you've got all this time on your hands put some pic's up 8)

not sure on how to get them to load up on here, they are in my gallery on this site atm - worked out how to do it and put them in the members car area so I dont hijack this persons thread

The amplifier that was used in this install looks al lot on the one that I've got.

Install002.JPG

The amplifier is a Phoenix Gold Ryval Designs, the plexy window lights blue when playing. Wy don't you turn the cover around? The only thing you'll have to do is make the cable of the LED a little bit longer.

I finished my install today, it's the one on the picture.

Have been away so long time no reply!!

Pods.

These were done and trimmed by audioscape. The colour match is good but in real life just a little darker then the rest of the door card but when it is in its not noticeable really.

Front panel for sub box.

I think I did about 5/6 layers of F/G in the end (more on the corners) and about 10 litres of resin!!

For the front of the box I cut a shape of ply to fit inside the box with no gaps (use card to make the template) and make it about 2 inches wide all round. Fibreglass the ply from the inside of the box with a few layers so that you now have a box with a lip on the front. Now trim any part of the FG that sticks out proud of your lip as you now need to cut some MDF to cover the whole front. To attach the MDF I used a glue and silicone seal in which you do a bead of sealant then a bead of glue and then a bead of sealant around the ply. I then also screwed the MDF on to make a tighter seal (as you screw it on the glue and silicone spreads to make a really good seal, oh and make sure you cut the speaker and terminal hole before gluing!!

Hope that makes sense!!

My Amp.

Mine is a BBG Ryval and it is a Pheonix Gold design which BBG use. It is the same unit I think but it has a bigger power block in it (oh and it was cheaper!!)