Sign in to follow this  
Spykee

Rocker Cover Polishing

Hello!

i have had a look through the forum search but im still a bit stuck! i want to polish my rocker cover cos its looking shabbier by the day and i am wondering what bits i should be using?

now im guessing i can use my dremel style multi tool so what bits do i need to use?

this is what i have:

28062006302.jpg

i was also wondering if i need any sort of rubbing compund etc to finish the job off?

thanks in advance,

Alex

the dremmel bits are ok for porting or polishing in tight spaces or the grooves in the cover but you would proabably be better off getting a buffer wheel for a big drill or a bench buffer, doing the whole cover with the tiny little dremmel bits will take for ever and you would proabably go through a lot of the bits, you can buy a polishing kit from machine mart for about £20 quid which comes with a couple of different polishing mops for a drill or bench grinder and some polishing wax which will take you less than half the time.

I used some of those little bits for the fiddly stuff on my manifold. The the pinky coloured ones do wear down very quickly though but they are quite effective. For the main part of my manifold I just used an orbital sander decreasing the grit (starting with a very coarse one) as I went. Finished up with wire wool & autosol...

t_dsc02123_194.jpg

Since doing it i've been going over it with autosol & kitchen towel once a fortnight and it seems to be staying nice and shiny.

cheers for the replies guys! will pm triggermyson and then failing that will pop down machine mart to get something else sorted!

cheers for the replies guys! will pm triggermyson and then failing that will pop down machine mart to get something else sorted!

that frost kit does actually look better value than the machine mart kit its got much more in the kit, its just i bought the machine mart one while i was there getting something else.

Since doing it i've been going over it with autosol & kitchen towel once a fortnight and it seems to be staying nice and shiny.

try the Meguiars metal polysh..... then tell me how great i am :lol:

LOL - Are you a Meguiars rep Furk'z?!

To be fair every Meguiars product I have tried has been exceptional, spent £30 on some more Meggy stuff yesterday...