Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Corrado Equivilant?

hate to point the obvious but urrr EOS ring any bells?

Golf upfront passat in the rear (ie Corrado concept) folding roof is just a gimick there's no rear leg room despite what anyone tells you (i've been in one so i do know).the seats are very similar.ok the Corrado is a better looking car with more road prescence but the EOS is bascially VW'S mk2 Rado.

to long for a Golf and its a coupe.having said that it is bland enough to be a Golf, one of the most boring lazy designs i've seen.just looks like a 3 door jetta with a folding roof.

Long live the Rado 8)

its a Coupe/Convertible just VW joining the CC bandwagon that Peugeot started a few years ago......its basically replaced the Golf cabrio of old as the Beetle cabrio is a bit on the tight side for rear passengers.........size wise yes its longer than the Golf but upto the original mk1 Golf Cabrio most convertibles were saloon based then the mk1 Golf appeared and then they started doing the hatch based ones,now its almost full circle and thats why its based on the new Jetta tho thats really based on a Golf platform so go figure :wink:

2 seaters can't be compared to 4 seaters imo. they could be considered different categories of car. leon cupra r and integra would be the obvious choices to me

as mentioned very early that the 350Z is over priced... i would have to ask how someone thought that... for all the car that you get on a 350Z you can get one base for $26,000... you could almost pay that for a brand new corrado over a decade ago...

if you ask me... i say S3... but that's here in the states i dunno how they're priced over there...

Golf upfront passat in the rear (ie Corrado concept) folding roof is just a gimick there's no rear leg room despite what anyone tells you (i've been in one so i do know).the seats are very similar.ok the Corrado is a better looking car with more road prescence but the EOS is bascially VW'S mk2 Rado.

I've actually started to like the Eos a bit after a few trips in them over in Germany.

Leg room is actually quite acceptable (though I dont like the way the rear seats sort of sit you upright rather than swallowed in like in the Rado) and it looks pretty damn good on the move - the back especially looks nice on the Eos!

...are we talking about direct comparison (shared platform, same engine/drivetrain layout), or "spiritual" couterpart - which is based more in terms of image and general aura of the car...?

I would like to think the latter.It's probably the reason why most of us like/d the muthas in the first place.

A modern equivelant?..hmmmm.

Alfa GTV-it's got style,rarity etc.

Beemer Z4 coupe-ok,it's well expensive and not in anyway similar,but it's got that style,aura-thing goin' on.

Some artistic licence has been used in this post.

well Im gonna be the first one to say it, the scirocco mk III is gonna be the corrado equivalent, granted VW will put as much effort into making it heavy as they do with the R32 and its haldex system.... should've used the plastic panels that they used on the toureg, HAHAHAHHAHA!