Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

Corrado Equivilant?

Just having a ponder with myself (talking to myself was getting boring)!

Whats the closest equivilant to the Corrado for sale right now? As in, if the Corrado was still in a VW showroom, what would the mags be comparing it against?

Good coupe thats probably too expensive for what it is? Not a premium (porsche etc) brand.

350Z

yer having a laugh there :lol: :lol: :lol:

350Z is a Sportscar

whereas the Corrado is nothing more than a sports coupe...............big difference there IMHO

Nope, 350Z is 600cc bigger and RWD.

I'd put the Rado against the Astra coupe, Alfa Brera, and maybe the TT as it isn't full time 4x4.

Do you think any will stand the test of time and have a similar future to the C?

hold the bus here.............i love my C i really do but don't fall into the trap of the Corrado is THE best car ever,the Corrado looks dated to fans of the other cars we are mentioning here as looking dated and crap.........if anything thats stood the test of time i'd say its the Alfa GTV thats just been replaced as that still looks fresh as the day it was launched

pug 407, or it's latest version....

too big..............the Corrado is a compact Sports coupe :wink:

Yeah but not many have the future/already classic status the C seems to have acquired?

Who points at a Calibra and goes "oo, I've always liked them!".

EDIT: In 10 years, whats more likely to have the following a C has? Or even a top gear skecth saying how good it still is. (As an example!)

Yeah but not many have the future/already classic status the C seems to have acquired?

In 10 years, whats more likely to have the following a C has?

easily the Alfa GTV and FIAT coupe..............even the Calibra could well have a resurgence........there was a time i remember the Capri being totally uncool to have one yet they are starting to get scarcer and scarcer and in turn more desirable to ppl............don't fall into the trap cos top gear says somethings cool it means it is...........that very same episode they had the Merc 190E Cosworth on they said go for the 2.5 16v whereas everyonein the know, knows that the 2.3 16v is the one that actually has the Cosworth made head and the 2.5 is just the Cosworth designed head so therefore will be the more collectable :wink:

Nope, 350Z is 600cc bigger and RWD.

I'd put the Rado against the Astra coupe, Alfa Brera, and maybe the TT as it isn't full time 4x4.

/\/\/\

What Kev said, dunno much about the Brera though. The Astra coupe being an evolution of the Calibra which IMO was quite similar at the time.

EDIT: In 10 years, whats more likely to have the following a C has? Or even a top gear skecth saying how good it still is. (As an example!)

The cars already mentioned do have a strong following in their circles, your simply unaware as you spend you time on here 'the CORRADO forum'. I'm sure there's a forum just as big for all things Calibra. :wink:

the thing that spoils the Calibra so much is the fact due to them hittign the bottom of their market they are available to ppl who'll bling them up with stuff that totally makes them look crap and chavvy............i remember when they launched the calibra it was awesome as it was totally fresh looking(bar the interior that is)

Completely agree, it's a progression for the Nova-boys, Nova - Corsa - Astra - Calibra. They never manage to shake off the urge to fit lexus lights, bodykits, 18 inch+ wheels and neons. Still it'll eventually make the tidy OEM+ ones more valuable, as so many 17 year olds (with mum as main driver on insurance!) will be chavving them up and then writing them off.

Here's the Calibra forum: http://www.clubcalibra.com/ urgh I feel a bit dirty now :lol:

the Corrado looks dated to fans of the other cars we are mentioning here as looking dated and crap.........if anything thats stood the test of time i'd say its the Alfa GTV thats just been replaced as that still looks fresh as the day it was launched

I agree, the Rado is far from the best car in the world, but I do disagree on the GTV. I think it's an ugly, door wedge shaped thing with awkward lines and shapes that don't flow and compliment eachother. Alfa have always been like that....producing cars that look shite from one angle and cool as feck from another....

The Rado looks good from all angles and I've thought that since 1995 when I saw a pair of new storms in my dealer. 11 years on I still think the same. The GTV just isn't in the same league for all round appeal imo.

As with you, the Rado will become a second car soon but I will always love it.

calibras are becoming rare these days especially the turbo model as most chavs are snappin them up and putting the engine in there little nova shoebox on wheels. its a cheap way for them to get a faster car as they insure it as a 1.2.

I must admit I am a fan of the calibra, but as mentioned its being ruined by chav's driving/modding them as the price is much cheaper than say the overpriced corrado.

I'd still rather have a corrado over a calibra looks wise tho...hence that what I got!

I drove a brand new 2.0 16V Calibra in 1991 and back then, I thought it was the mutts! My car was an Allegro, so anything was better than that :-)

On reflection, it's not too far removed from the C actually. You sit low down, the leather door cards are a similar style to the Rado's and the back seats are equally useless for adults :-) Vauxhall did do something to the Calibra as it handled better than the Cavalier....probably more negative camber.